About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesStrategyTargeted Improvements
Automation and Streamlining
- Ensure uniform approach towards implementation of Global IMO Model and adherence to DOIs.
- Engage a wide range of internal stakeholders for discussion in order to streamline processes and implement changes.
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards, delivery standards, and minimal error rates as appropriate.
- Monitor the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the operations from time to time and provide corresponding actions for improvement with respect to the changing business or customer needs.
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes.
- Drive adoption by the team, of the latest tools and techniques to improve performance.
- Adherence to changes in line with the IMO destination model.
- Liaise with business units, other supporting operations and external business partners when necessary to capture business opportunities in a timely and effective way.
- Supporting various stakeholders on regulatory and audit requests.
- Act as a Relationship Manager for the respective in country & Group IMO.
- Maintain good working relationships with the various Business Units, Finance, Risk, Technology and Operations community.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties and when delegated by Line Manager and Country Head of IMO.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work closely with management to implement the change.
- Deliver quality, risk management, efficiency and effectiveness as per agreed standards & metrics.
- Drives relevant targets across team. Ensures that the team works collaboratively to deliver excellent client service, getting clients to the point of ready-to-transact as quickly as possible, and to within agreed service level agreements including turnaround times, productivity, and quality.
- Ensure work performed by team is error free with no operating losses and adheres to first time-right principles. Contribute to the teams BAU productivity at the highest standards, ensuring minimal rework across the team within all processes managed.
- Manages document inventory, ensuring processes are in place and consistently adhered to by the team in line with global documentation standards and to enable retrieval of documentation in a timely manner.
- Drives robust operating rhythm across team, ensuring allocation of resources against simple vs. complex and critical activities delivers best outcomes for clients and the Bank. Proactively plans capacity by forecasting volumes and measuring cycle times.
- Identify process and service improvement opportunities and work closely with management to implement changes, facilitate transfer of best practices.
- Drives implementation of change initiatives.
- Ensure that appropriate internal resources, systems, procedures and controls are in place and are operating effectively.
- Resolve escalations from team, including follow-up with clients, ensuring the &ldquoonce to client rule is adhered to as much as possible.
- Appropriately challenge stakeholders in the value chain where necessary, facilitating resolution of complex cases and where blockages exist that impact execution.
- Ensure, lead and monitor both strict adherence to regulatory requirements, and efficient preparation for Audit reviews.
- Responsible for appropriate and timely escalation, especially significant risk issues, to any governance committees or to other stakeholders in senior management, risk or control functions as appropriate.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
People and Talent
- Ensure Maintenance of Limits and Pre-processing activities are carried out as per the laid down guidelines.
- Ensure that SLAs are periodically reviewed with country and other operational units.
- Ensure DOI&rsquos are reviewed and updated periodically.
- Ensure that System Access Controls are followed as per IT Security Policy.
- Ensure BCP / BIA is in place and tested at periodic intervals & maintain business resilience.
- Ensure that appropriate initiatives are taken to meet the cost stretch targets allocated.
- Ensure timely escalation to Senior Management of any exception noticed related to work and environment.
- Function as an independent controller in Credit Risk Control Activities.
- Ensure that there is no Operational Loss in his / her area of control.
- To adhere to the agreed CST plans and approach.
- To identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls.
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls.
- To ensure exceptions arising out of CST checks are immediately rectified and preventive action put in place to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure staff are adequately trained to support both existing and any new requirements.
- Provide/ secure / enable access to relevant role-specific and general training to the team.
- Manage talent and hiring, ensuring high performance team and bench strength. Own the development of the individuals within the team, using performance management and staff development to provide a deep pool of talent and opportunities for individual growth.
- Collaborate with members of the team and plan individual training to be completed over the P3 cycle, to achieve required competencies.
- Enable team to function optimally, providing guidance and coaching to members. Drive and encourage cross-training and mentorship, facilitating interchange of best practices amongst team members and across teams.
- Manage and control overall attrition at acceptable level. Attrition of top performers to be managed. Minimize key man risks within team.
- Develop succession plan for self and for all critical resources in the team.
- Ensure successful implementation of Hybrid working arrangement.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit.
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the operational risk manager and Line Manager.
- Ensure a clear and uniform approach towards implementation of the global operating model for all CRC-IMO-related processes, and adherence to DOIs.
- Report any deviation (if any) to appropriate authorities and obtain proper dispensations.
- Proactively manage risks and establish/monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Effective management of CRC teams to provide support for the business.
- Ensure CST scores are maintained within thresholds. Ensure rework is closely monitored and controlled. Conduct monthly rework forums to discuss repeat themes and arrive at corrective actions. Ensure NIL observations in Control Assurance (CA) review.
- Ensure robust performance management in place using relevant Productivity / Performance MIS. Monthly, quarterly and annual review discussions to be completed by stipulated timelines.
- Ensure that appropriate internal resources, systems, procedures and controls are in place and are operating effectively and timely reporting/escalation of significant risk issues to senior management.
- Ensure there are appropriate frameworks in place to guarantee that IMO team functions within the Group&rsquos risk appetite and relevant risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with management, direct reports and other stakeholders.
- Ensure, lead and monitor both strict adherence to regulatory requirements, and also efficient preparation for Audit reviews.
- Fulfil supervisory responsibilities in line with supervisory principles.
- Maintain oversight on quality & timeliness of &lsquoService Review Meetings (SRM) to be held every month between Hub & Country Teams.
- Manage remediation&rsquos as required to ensure gaps in capability, process or data/docs are brought up to a best in class standard over time.
- Utilize metrics and the agreed service standards to drive decisions and improve operational service excellence.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Prevention The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Integrated Middle Office (IMO) representatives in Group
- In-country Integrated Middle Office
- Credit Documentation Unit
- Unit Operational Risk Manager
- Front Office (RMs, CMs, CCMs)
- Account Opening Teams
- Other Operation Teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embedding Here for good and the Group&rsquos brand and valued behaviours in the Integrated Middle Office team.
- Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Preferably Commerce Graduate / Postgraduate or CA / ICWA
90 120 Months of relevant work experience in the following areas:
- Advanced Product & process knowledge (knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions).
- Advanced Risk awareness.
- Banking operations experience (Credit Risk, Documentation, Client Service, CDD, payments, trade, markets or other) and service-oriented attitude.
- Advanced Communication Ability / experience managing individuals or teams.
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders, work collaboratively with them to deliver exceptional client service & experience while balancing robust operational management.
- Ability to directly influence stakeholders across value chain to secure resources and buy-in required to deliver operational and client service targets.
- Ability to understand and derive insights & improvement opportunities from MIS and performance data.
- Strong drive to deliver.
- Ability to positively engage and build rapport with clients.
- Has a clear understanding of the client needs being serviced able to articulate and align team to them.
Visit our careers website