About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Excellent knowledge in TP systems and hands on experience in clearing the TPGL exceptions.
- To drive / work closely with Operational teams / Business Functions to clear the TPGL breaks.
- Independently handle and present the MIS, Dashboards on the TPGL exceptions to Sr. Management.
- To work closely with the R2R controllers Country Lead / Unit Head in managing the Financial Controls & Risk function.
- To ensure financial control policies and compliance monitoring measures are in place and being adhered to & to ensure a robust financial control environment in the Bank.
- Embed the Controllership + Reporting model ensuring the end client is kept at the centre of the model ensuring it serves the intended purpose efficiently and effectively.
- Support the implementation of BSS Tool in ASPIRE.
- Improve External and Internal GIA audit grades.
- Aris - Process mapping for all L3 processes & implement opportunities identified.
- Successful implementation and sustainability of Controllership Framework for the assigned countries.
- Support the improvement of Financial control framework using the Controllership design.
- Ensure that the periodic reconciliation & substantiation exercise across the bank is performed smoothly and escalate exception / non-compliance to the department head.
- To test and sign off existence of financial control measures when the organization launches any new product, ventures, subsidiaries and such other specific projects.
- Support the day-to-day controls & periodic monitoring activities, timely identification and reporting of significant risks & losses, and effectiveness of risk mitigation actions.
Key StakeholdersOur Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in financial control / operational risk functions of FIs , internal audit of FIs or external audit from Big 4 firms or over 12 years experience in the FA domain.
- CA / CWA preferred.
- Exposure to SAP, PSGL , work experience in TPGL module preferred.
- Exhibiting influential capabilities across departments in complying with the General Ledger Controls and Reconciliation Policies of the organization.
- People handling skills & Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong communication skills and experience in liaising with Senior Management / stakeholders.
- Experience in monitoring and implementation of financial control measures and other risk management matters.
Visit our careers website