About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role Responsibilities
- To provide support and work in close partnership with the BPM&rsquos, Country leads and finance stakeholders for business performance monitoring and analysis.
- Support the requirements for performance reviews and executive meetings such as Client journey & Regional COO monthly performance reviews.
- Support the requirements for performance reviews and executive meetings such as Reviews with Regional COO.
- Process streamline and innovation of workflow/procedures.
- Support the requirements of monthly and quarterly country performance reviews with the product heads by preparing relevant financials, analytics and presentations.
- Provide timely & accurate financial information / MIS to enable strategic decision making.
- Perform & Support the coordination and support during forecasting, budgeting and monthly reporting cycles with client journey finance heads and Regional / Country finance functions.
- Analyse business performance (management and financial), review highlight risks and opportunities and drive actions to ensure committed financial outcome.
- E2E responsibilities of GBS functions.
- E2E ownership of Operations recharges process for CPBB Ops.
- Perform all other adhoc assignments that might be entrusted time to time.
Team Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness
- Ensure robust financial processes in place to report revenue, cost and balance sheet for CPBB Ops CJ&rsquos in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with Group / IFRS accounting principles and practices, Financial Control policy, and other regulatory accounting guidelines.
Our Ideal CandidateRegulatory & Business Conduct
- End to end support to the CPBB Ops Finance team covering all aspetcs for e.g. business performance reports, analytics, planning and partnering with various finance and business stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the team and to develop the staff to take up different/more value added roles.
- Contribute in any ad-hoc finance related projects, including providing support to Finance Transformation initiatives as well as simplification of bank process.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Client Journey CoB, SnT, Risk Ops, BRM
- Country Finance teams
- Group finance team
- Strategy team
- Business partners
- Financial, management and external reporting
Visit our careers website