About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesJob Purpose
People and Processes
- To provide high quality Limit Maintenance support.
- To ensure error free work with no operating losses
- Ensure Individual Productivity targets are met / surpassed
- Managing a team of highly efficient people responsible for Credit Risk Control
- To manage the resources allocated to the unit in an efficient manner.
- To motivate and get the best out of staff under him / her.
- Ensure staff performance is monitored on a continuous basis and feedback provided at regular intervals.
- Maximizing the Productivity of the team
- Ensure backup staff is identified and trained
- Ensure learning development plans are in place for all team members and followed through
- Ensure that staff data viz. Reporting lines, Cost Centre etc are accurate and changes, if any are done timely.
- Work as a Relationship Manager for the respective in country & Group CRC.
- Ensure that SLAs are periodically reviewed with country and other operational units.
- Ensure DOI&rsquos are reviewed and updated periodically.
- Ensure that System Access Controls are followed as per IT Security Policy
- Ensure BCP / BIA is in place and tested at periodic intervals.
- Ensure that appropriate initiatives are taken to meet the cost stretch targets allocated.
- To ensure business resilience is maintained at all times
- Overall accuracy of Audit / Balance Confirmation requests / reports and collection of fees.
- Function as an independent controller in Credit Risk Control Activities.
- Ensure that there is no Operational Loss in his / her area of control
- Identify and escalate Risk Issues as per ORMA Policy. Act as OR coordinator for the unit
- To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA / CST plans and approach
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA / CST related activities
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA / CST i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
- To ensure exceptions arising out of KCSA / CST checks are immediately rectified and preventive action put in place to prevent recurrence.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Compliance with all relevant Group Credit Policies & Procedures related to CIB and CB
- Compliance with all relevant Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy
- Compliance with Group Operational Risk procedures
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the
CRC GBS to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Integrated Middle Office representatives in Group and In-country Integrated Middle Office & Relationship Managers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure that Productivity MIS is updated accurately and immediately after the completion of processing the respective transaction.
- Ensure all control procedures prescribed for control of Scanned / fax documents / Credit mate SIFs received are actioned as per SLA
- Actively participate in automation Initiatives
- Ensure that knowledge on Systems and procedures is updated by keeping track of periodical circulars and other instructions issued
- Participate in test on knowledge and procedures, departmental quizzes, and Group / Companywide CSR Initiatives./Trainings
- Ensure timely escalation to the Senior Management of any exception noticed related to work and environment
- Preferably Commerce Graduate / Post Graduate or CA / ICWA
- 90 Months of relevant work experience in the following areas:
- Advanced Product & process knowledge (knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions)
- Advanced Risk awareness
- Banking operations experience (Credit Risk, Documentation, Client Service, CDD, payments, trade, markets or other) and service oriented attitude.
- Advanced Communication
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.