A significant farming experience in organic agricultural practice is required. Having practical experience will make one stand out and will demonstrate their passion for the industry.
- Extensive experience in general farm work involving farm planning, methods, production and in supervising the farm work
- Thorough knowledge of farm equipment and materials and ability to manage the use of materials and equipment efficiently and economically
- Ability to keep records of time, production, costs and to make reports and recommendations for improvement in methods and equipment
- Ability to plan and direct large-scale diversified farm activities, to supervise groups of farm workers in farm activities, and to direct skilled and unskilled employees in varied farm operations
- Familiarity with Good Agricultural Practices, HACCP, and Food Safety Regulations
- Undertake practical activities, such as driving tractors, operating machinery, feeding livestock or spraying fields
- Market the farm's products
- Buy supplies, such as fertilizer and seeds
- Arrange the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Maintain and monitor the quality of yield of crops
- Understand the implications of the weather and make contingency plans
- Make sure products are ready for deadlines, such as auctions and markets
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations and organic certifications
- Maintain knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm
- Protect the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- Keep financial records up to date
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
- Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Oversee correct operation of machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
- Hire, discharge, transfer and promote workers, enforces safety regulations and interprets policies.
- Forward planning, handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
- Recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers
- Making sure that work progresses satisfactorily
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases
- Organizing maintenance/repair of farm property, equipment and machinery
- Advertising and marketing farm products or the work of the farmer.
What to expect
- The work may be highly stressful due to factors beyond your control.
- Many work activities will be outside and highly dependent on the weather.
- You should be prepared for an element of isolation, although many farming communities have a strong social life.
- Travel during the working day will be necessary.
Degree in Agriculture or work experience equivalent working in Vegetable Production (preferably experience with Organic Production) 5 + years
- Agricultural engineering
- Crop management
- Farm business management
- Land/Estate management
3000 to 3500 USD pm (+ Local Allowance + Accommodation Bachelor status)
Subject/Job Id : Manager Organic Farming - Vegetables,Fruits - Nigeria - (Job Id:3511)
How to Apply
Email your resume with Subject Line: Manager Organic Farming - Vegetables,Fruits - Nigeria - (Job Id:3511) to : jobs at thesearchhouse dot com, Then you call on Neeraja / 9999914723