About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The role holder will be a part of a new Risk Governance hub being created in Bangalore India, focussing on support for Model Risk Management and Oversight. The candidate will support the ERM Model Risk Management team to ensure thatGroup Model Risk Policy (GMRP)and Group Model Risk Standards (GMRP)are adhered to.
The role holder will work in close alignment with a dedicated onshore manager that covers content driven topics and senior stakeholder management.Maintain Frameworks, Policies and standards
- Monitor adherence to Group Model Risk Policy and Group Model Risk Standards.
- Provide ongoing support ongoing support for CAS control standards (operational risk controls, control tests, key control indicators for policy compliance) and residual risk assessments across all model families control assessment standards (operational risk controls, control tests, key control indicators for policy compliance) across model families
- Support Model Risk Policy effectiveness review.
MRM Strategic Enhancement Programme (MRMSEP) and Other Streamlining Initiatives
- Prepare the golden source of data required for producing various model risk reports. This includes engagement with stakeholders for inputs and review/ challenge of progress updates provided by stakeholders against timelines.
- Identify, review and track model risk issues and ensure that these are reported to senior management with remediation plans in place and are tracked to completion.
- Identify, review and track various inventory data issues and ensure these are reported to relevant stakeholders with periodic follow-ups to bring them to closure.
- Support the GAME & Dashboard enhancements by performing comprehensive UAT for the solutions implemented.
- Support the efforts to improve and streamline existing processes and contribute to building standard templates, procedures and practices to provide an efficient oversight to the model life cycle.
Risk Governance Information & Systems
- Ensure that outcomes delivered, including necessary controls are fit for purpose and meet regulatory requirements and ensure the Bank&rsquos risk governance disciplines are adhered with.
- Support through awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework (specifically FED SR 11/7 or PRA SS 3/18) in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Provide support for the effective administration of the Model Inventory tool and Control Framework Documents (RTFs, policies, standards).
People and Talent
- Provide support to continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Model Risk Management processes
- Complete control testing to support the assessment of risks within the Model Risk processes
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the Model Risk Policy & Governance team from those whose primary responsibility is to maximise short-term revenues and profits
- Lead throughexample and build the appropriate culture and values within the Model Risk Policy & Governance team and across the wider organisation
- Home and host regulators
- Group Risk committee
- Model Risk committee
- Enterprise Risk Analytics
- Model Analytics Group
- Group Model Validation
- Group Stress Testing
- Enterprise Stress Tests Review & Challenge
- Stress Testing committee
- Group Regulatory Reform
- CIB Policy
- Group Internal Audit
- Finance, Credit, MTCR and Business Users
- Members of ERM Management Team
- Policy Owners, Model Sponsors and Global process Owners
- Country CRO, RFO, Governance teams
- Group OR, and other business COOs
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values
The role holder should bring the following experience and capabilities:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Market Knowledge: Strong experience inModelRisk Management
- Good communicator, in particular written communications in English
- Ability to explain complex matters in simple and intuitive terms
- Ability to track and report progress updates of multiple areas against milestones and highlight key issues
- Collaborative working as part of a broader team to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach
- Good organiser of incoming requests within the team
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Ownership mindset, able to think creatively and be open to new ideas
- Able to work with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Attention to detail
- Proactive, problem-solving, helpful
- Strong experience in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Bachelor&rsquos degreequalifications and 8-10years of experience in Banking%5CFinancial Services having good exposure to Model Risk Policy and Governance
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.