About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along withminimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.The Role ResponsibilitiesDomain Capabilities Product / Domain Knowledge
- Strategic perspective and full understanding of Policues, Procedures and Guidelines. Able to understand the product vis-a vis the other policies and identify any gaps to mitigate operational risks
- To ensure to document the new guidelines /process and same should be approved by business/internal stakeholders to rollout .
- Work with stakeholders to operationalise the new products and draw up a process flow
- Full understanding of regulatory risks and adhere to all guidelines issued in order to have Nil observation audit report
- Ensure that Existing DOIs are revisited and new DOIS documented whenever new process is advised by thr relevant stake holders
- Ability to standardize and optimize processes across markets
- To understand the complexities existing for each of the markets and standardise the processes as appropriate after evaluating the underlying risks
- Instinctive grasp gained out of experience of linkages between sub processes and related ability to identify gaps arising from any process change
- To leverage on the experience and relate the primary process with the underlying sub processes
- To identify any gaps arising out of process changes with reference to the primary process as well as the sub processes
- Receive environmental (regulatory , credit, market) news and evaluate processes to see if improvement is needed to meet new challenges
- To be abreast of changes to guidelines issued by RBI / Group from time to time and apply such changes to the current processes followed with reference to cards payments, recoverieis, rewards points redemption, loan set up based on transactions etc
- If there are any changes to the processes followed in line with the changes to the policies / guidelines issued by Group or Regulatory authorities, keep all the stakeholders informed about such changes
- Assess the impact of such changes and to evaluate such changes considering the TP systems involved, accounting systems etc
- Operates and makes decisions in an environment which is largely non routine, unpredictable and complex
- With the ever changing regulatory environment, keep watching the product offering and assess the impact of such changes to the processes followed for processing Card related transactions
- Actively provide input for process improvements and ability to sponsor automation and implementation of end state process
- Evaluate the changes to Card product offerings and relate the necessity to enhance the TP systems in line with such changes
- To explore automation opportunity with respect to the changes in Business environment so that the processes followed with respect to Card financial processing are accurate at all times
- Ability to translate process feature into system functionality.
- To evaluate the TP systems time to time and ensure that enhancements are recommended as and when there are changes in the Business environment so that the cards financial processing with respect to recoveries, loan set up, Rewards redemption etc are accurate without any manual intervention
- Takes well informed risks to pursue activities with a superior return
- Take calculated risks so that the Returns of such calculated risks are high
Operational risk Management
- Ability to categorize and to quantify the work plans to suit the SLA requirements
- Review cycle times for correctness of input
- Develop capacity model for projection of FTE requirements.
- Comprehensively describes approach to capacity management and reasons behind it, and applies this approach across a broad range of platforms while taking ownership for their capacity management
- Defines and mitigates capacity risks
- Displays flexibility in altering plans to achieve objectives or adapt to situations
- Analyses, interprets and monitors operations risk and suggests mitigation techniques to reduce such risk
- Check inherent risk of product and process in the operating environment and demonstrate support for the internal program through behavior, presentations, and discussions
- Able to identify early warning signals and to initiate remedial action.
- Able to anticipate and detect fraud and take preventive measures keeping the global fraud environment in mind.
- Establish prevention and detection internal controls with an end-to-end perspective (from transaction to customer), which address potential risks of inefficiency, ineffectiveness, fraud, abuse or mismanagement
- Use of internal/external audit findings to further improve service excellence
- Promote & enable a culture of audit readiness at all times in order to ensure no failed audits
- Instructs others in the area of operations risk assessment and monitoringBehavioural Capabilities
- Executes tasks and assignments accurately within team and self
- Possesses ability to differentiate between quality and excellence in the real time BAU activities
- Able to provide solutions and ideas to bring down errors.
- Create an error free culture by leveraging behavioral recognition, system requirements and other pressure points
- Create a collaborative mindset towards driving quality work
- Instills a strong internal and external customer mindset in the team by setting service quality standards.
- Takes ownership of team goals in addition to their own
- Understands customer&rsquos requirements, able to apply them and guide others
- Understands the relative strength of each customer segment&rsquos priorities and requirements
- Able to generate and implement improvement ideas for error free processing and better customer service
- Able to initiate contact with customers to create a network with customers and seek feedback on service
- Is able to serve customer within boundaries of policies and procedures without compromising on mandated procedures/ change process model
- Clearly articulates and confidently expresses ideas and arguments
- Listens well and offers positive and creative solutions
- Ability to communicate in a collaborative manner without conflicts
- Be able to give open and honest communication to demonstrate ethical leadership with integrity
- Demonstrates presentation skills
Managerial CapabilitiesStakeholder Management
- Uses sound judgment in solving unexpected problems
- Able to suggest quick workarounds to handle problems
- Able to identify and highlight problems and identify/implement actions to resolve same.
- Able to guide team members in managing problems.
- Takes corrective actions during crisis and conflicts
- Able to perform thematic analysis to identify potential issues and implement appropriate solutions
- Able to put forth areas of concern and assistance required from Countries for improvement in operations
- Understands concerns and needs of the stakeholders
- Asses ones work and processes by their impact on stakeholder's concerns.
- Being able to give confidence to stakeholders that their interests are protected.
- In the event of any unforeseen incidents, proactively manage flow of information to stake holders and reassure with concrete steps that all in control
- Understands human emotions and how it can affect performance at work.
- Able to lead, motivate and develop a bigger team
- Fully committed to team engagement
- People Effectiveness & Management Skills which would inspire, motivate and engage team members to achieve higher performance
- Successfully develops and retains talented individuals
- Able to delegate effectively within the team ensuring development of subordinates
- Ability to personally relate to each member of the team and be able to objectively evaluate performance - courageous to differentiate great performance from just good performance
- Able to establish a culture for rewarding good performance and for taking effective action on poor performance.
- Facilitates clear expectations and processes for teamwork, team roles and team talk
- Develops procedures for change and ensures that they are effectively documented & communicated to all
- Able to drive change and provide constructive feedback
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change and instills in teams the sense of urgency for change
- Supports managers on the effects of change within their teams/ processes through consultation and facilitation
- Uses tools specified to facilitate change
Financial and Budgetary Management
- Proactively identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate actions
- Seeks out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives
- Understands the need for projects/ initiatives and able to lead a small team in a small-scale projects and contributes towards the decision-making
- Able to understand Financial Concepts.
- Describes the internal control procedures and systems (e.g. processing company invoices)
Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Ability to decide based on the available information in hand to recommend decisions.
- Understanding the data points how it matches / breaches the rules.
- Analyzing transactions to bring out trends and patterns.
- Identifying the key information required from other sources
- Co-relate all the inputs, analysis and summarize the findings.
- Able to analyze the trends and patterns in the unit (Volume, capacity, performances & errors)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understands the strategies and priorities of the organization
- Able to execute given actions that will contribute towards achieving business strategies
8 years of experience
- People Management Skills
- Stake Holder Management
- Communication skills
- Multi Tasking
- Decision Making
Visit our careers website