Position Name : Manager Industrial Hygiene
Locations : Jajpur
1. Planning, implementation & monitoring of comprehensive Industrial Hygiene management program across the organisation.
2. Identification of occupational hazards by qualitative industrial hygiene assessment. Preparation of hazard matrix based on qualitative assessment. Evaluating & prioritizing risks. Quantifying exposures, understanding how and why exposure arises. Introducing practical control measures. Communication of risk across the workforce.
3. To provide technical support on development of internal IH standards or improvements for existing standards.
4. To provide technical consulting support for the development of internal IH competencies throughout the organization by coordinating and conducting various training, coaching, consulting sessions.
5. To improve the IH hazard recognition skills of line management through participation in line walks, audits, etc.
6. To assist line management and field safety professionals in monitoring legal compliance to local statutory requirements.
7. To assist in global networking and sharing best practices between different agencies and TSE. To improve communication and deployment of IH management systems and standards across the region.
Primary Skills : Subject Knowledge, Factories Act, Local / State Laws
Secondary Skills :
Education : Post Graduate
Branches : Industrial Hygiene
Experience : 3.00 To 5.00 Years
Educational qualifications ( Threshold educational background required to execute the role ):
Post Graduate – Industrial Hygiene or equivalent
Relevant experience (Type/ Nature and years of relevant experience required to execute the role):
Experience in implementation of comprehensive Industrial Hygiene programs within an integrated steel plant or other industry sector with high hazard operations.
Threshold skills and capabilities required to execute the role:
Knowledge of IH standards and various applicable legal and other requirements on IH
Analytical, decision making skills, ability to influence management, excellent verbal and written communications, honest, energetic, speed and agility, assertive