We are RUCKUS!
In this always-on world, we believe it's crucial to have a genuine connection with work you do.
CommScope's Venue and Campus segment incorporates Ruckus Network's, which focuses on enabling wireless and wired connectivity across sophisticated and multifaceted networks. It offers dedicated engineering and Customer Service and Support resources to our customers across a spectrum of verticals including - hospitality, education, smart cities, government, venues, service providers and more.
Desired Skills and Experience:
The Senior DevOps Manager handles technical problems and drives technical excellence at all levels, working with senior management to support execution of the organization's vision. The DevOps Manager is a person who cares deeply about the technical side of operations and making sure that everything is running smoothly for our microservice based Ruckus Cloud. The ideal candidate enjoys interfacing between the dev team and Devops team, understands technology deeply at both the server level and at the development level, understands where the gaps often are between these two, and is excited about filling those gaps and taking proactive steps to prevent application emergencies from ever happening. This person is deeply familiar with a variety of monitoring solutions (both server and web applications) and is able to set up, configure, and use these tools to identify potential gaps and stop them from ever becoming an issue.
The DevOps Manager manages service delivery and website/systems reliability and scalability including: reporting, configuration and build, testing, planning, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners), reporting to the VP of DevOps.
This person must be able to coordinate well between a variety of vendors and technical experts. This is the role for you if you are an excellent communicator, able to simplify jargon when necessary, yet able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff. You take complete ownership of the technical implementation of projects and ensure that no stone is left unturned to avoid risks. You take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application uptime and a positive user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent customer experiences. You are an avid learner, keeping up to date with new technology to evaluate its impact on our organization.
CommScope is seeking a full-time Sr. DevOps Manger that:
· Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
· Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implements quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes
· Displays technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
· Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related, and technology/code related) by querying providers and providing evaluations of each solution include ROI evaluations in the present and future implications, limitations, and opportunities
· Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts
· Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing both routine and complex technical elements of technical operations
· Manages operational aspect of production and development servers including developing, training in, and validating compliance with procedures and checklists related to disk space usage, monitoring solutions, deployment, conventions, access to the production and development sources, source control access and usage, performance monitoring, code modifications validation, scheduling, and more
· Works within IT, cross-functionally and with vendors, in order to successfully identify, prioritize, and resolve issues and provide subject matter expertise for enhancements, developments, and operational improvements to the website applications that the Ruckus Cloud relies on
· Maintains issue tracking and documentation systems and provides reporting that ensures proper tracking and visibility of issues and projects
· Identifies technical and process improvement opportunities and socialize/advocate to get them implemented
· Works closely with the VP of DevOps in release planning, preparation, validation, post release monitoring, and ongoing monitoring.
· Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports
· Possesses expert technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps), monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools
· Possesses high level understanding in the areas of web application programming, content management systems, API, databases, and system design
· Provides process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
· Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
· Is responsible for complex technical management coordination with multiple vendors and staff
· Is responsible for the development of standards and processes for operations that proactively prevent problems from occurring
· 5+ years of DevOps Manager or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
· A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
· An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
· An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
· Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
· Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles
· Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
· Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
· Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
· Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
Why CommScope and Ruckus
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we've been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere - we're always anticipating what's next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, magnificent connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
Ruckus is a Business Unit within CommScope, passionate about delivering groundbreaking solutions to build a smarter, simpler, more connected world. At the heart of global connectivity are the engineers who write innovative software for our award-winning routing and switching products to bring the information quickly and effectively where needed. We are a pioneer in the wireless infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services Our Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi, LTE, and Switching technology redefines what's possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com/eeo