Manager Development - TMON Strategic Services
Work Location: Chennai
Work Experience: 13 to 20 Years
Role: Manager Development (EM1)
Number of Open Positions: 1
Job Description Summary:
Manage the design and development of software product applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software applications for internal use. Manage full software development lifecycle including testing, implementation, and auditing. Manage product design, bug verification, and beta support which may require research and analysis by staff. Resolve issues and contribute to the business unit/area development. Manage the work efforts of supervisors/individual contributors with responsibility for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews. Broad knowledge of the field with strong leadership skills. Typically requires six or more years of experience and at least one year of leadership responsibility.Job Description
We are looking to add a Manager of Development in our Chennai office. You will lead our ASG-TMON MVS Development staff. ASG-TMON for MVS is an IBM mainframe performance monitor that captures and presents the MVS operating system resource usage and performance data. Candidate must have at least 10 years of experience in MVS Systems with strong MVS internals knowledge, 7 years of OS/390 Assembler coding experience (preferably in a software vendor environment), and have excellent problem determination skills. System Performance Management skills are a plus. The duties of the position will be to design, code, system test and document new features. This position provides problem determination for product defects in the field. The position requires sound management skills to lead and direct a team of developers in the design and future enhancements to the product.Primary Responsibilities
- Oversee the primary activities of independent contributors to ensure completion of tasks and attainment of departmental goals.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain systems or applications involving a wide variety of programming and languages.
- Build or configure windows, screens, and reporting solutions.
- Modify, repair, or expand existing programs to correct errors, increase efficiency, upgrade interfaces, or improve performance.
- Perform trial runs for testing and analysis on software and systems to identify problems.
- Contribute to training manuals or instructions for end users.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented software.
- Research and remain informed of new technology and development tools.
- If creating product applications for market sale (rather than proprietary applications for internal use), may not be involved in all phases of software lifecycle (i.e., design, testing, implementation).
- Handle personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, and conduct performance/pay reviews).
- Evaluate and assess new software development projects based upon , complexity, and time frame.
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- May be responsible for budgeting of department's personnel, capital, and/or operation expenses.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related technical field. Advanced degree desirable.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills.
- May require programming certification.
- Ability to communicate verbally and through written media.