Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Manager Customer Surveillance GTRFPrincipal Accountabilities
- Review and analyze cases triggered by GSNA system for GTRF customers using available Bank systems, reliable information available over the public domain and other available intelligence databases to assess commercial viability and / or genuineness
- Perform detailed analysis of the customer relationship and validate the event / scenario triggered to identify any anomalies/risk indicators related to Money Laundering.
- Write investigative narratives of adequate quality and ensuring that conclusions are supported with clear rationale and evidence.
- Immediately escalate any anomalies / risk indicators which cannot be discounted to FCTM Team. Provide detailed rational, with evidences.
- Work independently to complete assigned tasks within the established process SLAs while ensuring that productivity and quality levels are achieved as per the standards agreed for the process
- Analysts will also be required to work closely with Senior Analysts who will provide SME guidance and a first check on the quality of the Analyst's work output.
- All data requirements (timesheets and ad hoc process information) are accurately updated in a timely manner
- Issues / problems are effectively investigated and resolved or are appropriately referred with recommendations to the Line Manager.
- Liaising, where necessary, with other internal stakeholders such as GTRF BFCR, relevant Line of Business Relationship Managers (RMs) in accordance with the procedure requirements
- Demonstrate current knowledge of GTRF products, systems, policies and procedures as well as FCC policies and procedures so that daily processes are continually implemented in a defect free environment
- Issues / problems in the effective management of daily processes are sufficiently investigated, escalated and duly resolved close working relationship to be maintained internally with the Senior Analysts.
- Provide accurate and valid referrals to FCTM
- Maintain and develop a positive and professional working relationship with FCTM, TM and GTRF BFCR
- Prompt escalation of critical financial crime and reputational risk matters to FCTM, TM and GTRF BFCR
- Preparing process related MI and assist Manager on the ad hoc requests received from Management/onshore team
- The role holder needs to share case experiences within the team so as to provide a better insight to the other investigators for arriving at an informed decision
- Support all training initiatives across the team
- Ensure that all events / cases are actioned within the stipulated SLA
- Assist in implementing changes in procedures and process re-engineering with the purpose of enhancement in productivity or reduction in TAT
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements
- To continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Graduate / Post- Graduate in Business Management, Economics, Commerce or equivalent is a must
- Additional qualifications any certifications on Compliance / AML related would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of experience. Applications are invited from candidates possessing a desirable mix of skills related to below outlined domains
- What additional skills will be good to have (List out good to have skills and certifications)
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills - both verbal and written
- Operates effectively across cultures and in multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Ability to maintain direction and motivation in an ever changing environment
- Highly effective in working with all levels of management and staff.
- Creativity and willingness to take the initiative
- Able to work in a dynamic team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Good analytical skills
- An enquiring mind with a good eye for detail
- Strong team player, helping to maintain a cooperative, conscientious and customer focused environment
- Ability to understand and implement Group risk management policies
- Experience and understanding of the HSBC Group, its culture, policies and procedures desirable
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***