About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%27s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%27re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
RRSD Unit faces the Group Risk Function with a peripheral support to CEO CIB Function. It handles wide spectrum of activities to support the Enterprise Risk Analytics, Traded Risk Management, Risk & Compliance Reporting teams of the Group Risk. The unit is also currently expanding itself to support the CEO CIB Office with Credit Portfolio Management.
Compliance & MI
Compliance MI team in GBS has two units (i) Group Compliance Reporting & (ii) Speaking Up.
Group Compliance Reporting:
- Preparation of monthly dashboards for Compliance Regulatory Risk Committee, Compliance Management Team, Business & Regions Compliance
- Weekly dashboards for Corporate & Institutional Banking Compliance Management Team,
- Monthly, Quarterly and Bi-Annual report with analysis on Gift & Entertainment activities registered in the G&E register.
- Preparation of monthly & quarterly dashboards for Compliance Regulatory Risk Committee oversight group, SCB Board Committee members, Non-executive directors on the progress of Speaking Up program in terms of the program awareness and confidence among SCB staff to speak up.
- Provide inputs to the Annual Reports
The unit will also engage with the Group in terms of completing the assigned activities to meet the defined timelines for BCBS Compliance including Data Quality checks.
- Ensure appropriate BAU controls are being established within RRSD and deployed effectively in GBS.
- Support new Business requests through Product programmes and Country addendums
- Look for possibilities of leveraging on synergy within the various process through automation thereby bringing in improvements.
- Communicate and pursue the strategic intent and agenda for RRSD
- Assist in Maintaining and developing RRSD's capabilities, skills and infrastructure to meet ongoing business needs and plans
- Lead the journey in automation of monitoring tools for all FM products.
- Implement adequate data quality Operational Risk Controls in BAU processes and ensure Audit readiness
- Lead and deliver the requirements of the Group in compliance to regulatory principals
- Improve client experience through more efficient and effective monitoring of exceptions in tandem with Risk, Client Coverage and Front Office users.
- Oversee and supervise the execution of all processes carried out by the team members, in accordance with all standard operating instructions.
- Ensure a robust and appropriate key documentation are available and updated for the risk processes managed by the team. This includes process key control, operating instructions, process performance indicators (KPI) and process risk indictors (KRI).
- Actively engage with the relevant stakeholder in country with a view to improving and enhancing the reporting deliverables of RRSD team.
- Support the relevant committees and working group where group risk has vested stakeholder interests.
- Acquire basic technical risk knowledge to be able to contribute to the understanding and be comprehensive of the significance and purpose of the risk processes performed by the team.
- Acquire knowledge surrounding the processes that are run by the team members so as to provide supervisory guidance.
- Always ensure sufficient depth of knowledge and staff strength in the RRSD team to maintain complete internal coverage (over holidays, absences, etc.)
- Actively engage the in-country Senior Manager to: (1) set objectives for the team and align activities to support the business in an integrated and effective manner (2) facilitate the transfer of product and business knowledge through presentations and other learning and training sessions.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate staff resource (experience and capacity) is available and manage the recruitment process for the team. Engage actively with HR in facilitating the career progression of suitable talent within GBS.
People and Talent
- Continued focus on recruitment and team diversity ensuring balance of team demographics
- Continue to attract, motivate and retain superior talent in teams under management.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the Risk function and across the wider organisation
- Ensure backup staff is identified and trained. Ensure succession planning for the processes handled at GBS
- Embed new Operational Risk framework into monitoring processes and report any escalations to Management.
- Monthly monitoring of CST and performance measurement of KCIs
- Work closely with Operational Excellence & Change management team members to understand key issues and processes and drive automation of processes.
- Adherence to mandatory certifications and operational requirements
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Group Enterprise Risk Management Team
- Group Risk & Compliance Infrastructure and change management
- Associated Technology partners
- Business desks
- GBS Management team
- Participate in at least 2 days of volunteering per year
- Participate in engagement activities of Risk Ops and GBS
- Be motivated and actively engage in activities like innovation and automation initiatives
- To hold assigned roles of First Aider / Fire Warden / Business Continuity Planning as a DCC as appropriate and discharge the expected responsibilities.
- Postgraduates / Professional qualification with 7/10/13+yrs experience in Risk domain
- Risk Certifications from established institutions is recommended
- FRM Certified candidates will be preferred
- Any technical Certification in MS Office Advanced tools / SQL / Tableau / SAS / Python will be preferred
General Skill Set:
- Commendable people management skills, including handling professionals
- Strong knowledge in banking products across asset classes (FX/Rates/ Equity/ Credit and Commodities)
- Awareness of trading environment, market moves & potential impact on exposures.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Be able to work in a global team
- Project management experience and documentation skills
- Be able to implement strategic ideas and enhance productivity and efficiency levels
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.