About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.Job Purpose
The Role ResponsibilitiesBusiness
- The role holder will be a part of the new stress testing hub being created in Bangalore.
- Enterprise stress testing comprises the stress tests required by the Group, regions, country and risk management teams, and other senior stakeholders as required to inform Risk Appetite and the stress tests required by the Bank&rsquos regulators.
- The team has responsibility for the execution of the Bank&rsquos stress test exercises internally and to external regulators. It is also the centre of excellence for all strategic changes and operational controls, compliance attestation and policy setting for stress testing in the enterprise. As such, this individual will be working as part of a cohesive &ldquostrategy and execution&rdquo function.
- The intent of the hub is to primarily run central workstream production tasks and sub-tasks during the running of each stress test exercise utilising ITO (Group IT) supported technology and produce management reporting on the same.
- The overall activities include the ownership of Model and Model runs for generating Stress Projections by Geography. This involves analysis and evaluation of inputs and outputs to meet operational controls and regulatory requirements.
- The successful candidate for this position will play a key role in supporting the development, Testing, enhancements in process and methodology and execution of the stress test models in relation to items within Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss account as well as Tax Requirements in the Bank&rsquos stress test exercises globally
- In addition, he/she should be able to provide valuable inputs to help identify opportunities to improve on stress testing current processes and own quantitative changes and change requests.
- Responsible for the stress testing data sourcing and preparations, methodological calculations including the use of existing infrastructure and technology, producing quantitative charts and packs and other related requirements.
- Deliver a high quality Structured Template Data (STDF) Templates, as per the requirements set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) in the Bank of England (BoE) stress test and other similar date requirements issued by the likes of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) or Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) or the respective geography.
- Ensure that the stress testing methods employed are compliant with EST procedures and any deviation is properly documented and approved.
- Ensure compliance with the Operational Risk Framework requirements and that quantitative controls are in place and executed in full.
- Drive improvements in the stress testing computations and automate manual processes for more efficiency and productivity.
- Manage all correspondence via their nominated work stream leads, support functions and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with governance related aspects of EST production and deliver
- This is a rapidly evolving space so the role holder must be comfortable with ambiguity and change and be able to produce results in quick turnaround environment.
The role holder is responsible for the following in undertaking the role:Stress Testing Model execution
Interface Planning and Support
- Support of the Group&rsquos / country or geography Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss and Tax modelling methodology, assumptions, compliance requirements.
- Automation, maintenance, enhancement, and execution of the stress test models for the balance sheet and P&L, considering various dimensions including segments, geographies and products.
- Work alongside workstream leads to develop and prepare quantitative financial projections
- Translate business and market drivers into financial projections.
- Identify model risks and quantify impact
- Automation and maintenance of the data templates that are used for regulatory submission for all the banks regulators
- Ensure data quality, reconciliation, validation, consistency with various sources.
Analytics and Advisory
- Execute to the timelines for each of the stress test exercises
- Responsible and ownership of documentation of stress test models, methodology and basis of preparation
- Support process, controls, and documentation requirements
- Assist to engage, influence and maintain successful working relationships with:
- Risk / Capital Liquidity / other workstreams teams for all scenario and risk workstream analysis and results
- Technology, to implement model updates into the Stress Testing platform
- Stakeholders - Responsible for preparing outputs from the models and presentations
- Business and other stakeholders, for source/upstream data requirements
- Prepare presentation decks from Stress test numbers.
- Analysis and benchmarking of stress and base case scenarios
- Analyse the Group&rsquos / Geography Balance sheet, P&L statement for ensuring reasonableness in projections
- Consolidate and report results to workstream management.
People and Talent
- The role holder will need to support the establishment and documentation of all processes and effective controls for the new hub in accordance with the broader stress testing team
- The role holder will need to support development and stabilisation of a newly formed team, working across geographies
- Ensure all activity adheres to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, relevant policies and standards, with a specific focus on ensuring an effective framework for the management of operational risks as they pertain to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Deliver &lsquoeffective governance&rsquo capability to challenge colleagues effectively, or escalate appropriately and willingness to work in an open and cooperative manner with all.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Be a responsible and accountable team member to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Stress Testing Team
- Balance sheet Team
- Treasury Team
- Enterprise Risk Management members
- Key Risk colleagues
- Business leadership
- Risk Transformation Programme Team
- Key operations and technology partners / vendors
Our Ideal Candidate
- As delegated by line management from time to time.
- Regulatory reporting in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and Banking regulations
- Full or partial qualifications like CFA or FRM will be considered favourably
- Working across geographies and timezones
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Robust skills for qualitative and quantitative analysis e.g. financial and process
- Excellent academic background, preferably with a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering
- Understanding of SCB&rsquos key footprint markets will be added plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.