About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The primary person responsible will be to deliver the required changes as per the requirements provided by the business teams. Should be able to manage and guide the team for developing the software based on defined technical specifications and business requirement definitions. Need to ensure the team develops applications/software components aligned to the standards and guidelines.Software Delivery
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Carry out requirement study and development activities complete the same as per the plan and schedule
- Work closely with business to ensure that the requirement is clearly understood and work towards satisfying the agreed project objective
- Review BRD, facilitate requirement gathering, gap analysis.
- Development of Mainframe Cobol with strong knowledge in CICS, VSAM, JCL and IMS database
- Develop and implement small-medium scale projects based on the requirements and specification handed to delivery team
- Ensure documentation is in place and maintained.
- Expected to continue to build upon domain knowledge and technical/ proprietary skills to reach levels of expertise, while adapting standard principles to new or changed conditions in day to day work.
- Can respond to detailed queries. May be called upon to advise Sr Management on specialised technical issues.
- Responsible for coaching, guiding and mentoring junior members in the team to help them scale up faster.
- Need to manage the end to delivery of the projects using Agile methodologies.
- Ensure accurate project milestone
- Improve Audit Health
- Ensure all risks and dependencies are highlighted clearly in a timely manner
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group%26rsquo;s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank%26rsquo;s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
- Good Stakeholder Management Skills
- Responsible for capability development of the team/ unit
- Ensure adherence to Systems Development Framework and control processes
- Ensure delivery of all software artefacts
Our Ideal CandidateEducational Qualification/Certification:
- Business and Operations (Product Owners)
- Tribe Leads
- Chapter Leads
- Trade IT Team
- Interface IT Teams
- Technology Services Teams
- Production Support Teams
- Degree in Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science or related fields
- Field of Study - Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- An organized person with good time management and follow-up skills, able to work under pressure to deliver results on schedule and tight timeline
- Acquire adequate knowledge in both technology and domain that would help in better delivery.
- Technical development and functional experience
- Proficiency in Mainframe languages like COBOL, IMS, CICS, VSAM and JCL
- Worked on the JIRA / Remedy
- Has good interpersonal and teamwork abilities, and able to adapt in a diverse working environment.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills term deadlines
- Good formal and informal communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Knowledge in the DBMS, Web service and other utilities.
- Preferably 3 to 6 years of working experience in software development
- Previous working experience in a Bank or any financial institution - Knowledge in banking processes will be an added advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.