About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesRisk Management
- Plan and drive thematic risk and control review aligning to the domain&rsquos objectives, audit themes and key risk areas (include suppliers where appropriate)
- Plan and drive risk and control reviews on new and in-flight projects
- Track all material risks and remediation actions to reduce the risk
- Provide support and guidance on risk remediation, control design to Domain Owners, Process Owner and Service Leads (&ldquoService Owners&rdquo). Review and approve proposed change in controls
- Review and agree changes and / or new KRI with T&I R&C and UORM
- Represent the Domain as the Single Point of Contact (SPoC) on internal and external audits
- Ensure that the affected Domain (and units within) are sufficiently prepared for upcoming audits
- Review adequacy of management response to audit findings
- Review progress and timely remediation of audit findings
- Share thematic risk & audit findings across Domains and Units
- Stay current of regulatory requirements, threats and leading industry practice and advise ET Head in risk management and control design
- Identify potential failure in process, advise and support risk treatment / mitigation and risk monitoring
- Review and agree changes and /or new KRI with T&I R&C and UORM
Advise on the design of key controls, key control indicator (KCI) and key risk indicators (KRI). Monitor and report KCI and KRI as per metric defined. Review trend of material exceptions, identify systemic failures, escalate and drive control improvements
- Conduct control sample testing (CST) on key control to attest the control operating effectiveness (COE).
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, standards, guidelines, process. Identify any material gaps, advice on control improvement
- Conduct monthly Domain Risk Forum (DoRF) to drive risk discipline, risk awareness, risk reduction. Ensure attendance of Management Team (MT) members. Provide challenge to ensure robust risk management
- Work with Awareness and Communication team to promote staff awareness on risk, compliance, audit support and remediation
- Plan, drive and/or perform control adequacy review to identify risk, non-compliance, control gap, vulnerabilities and advise remediation, preventive, corrective controls to Service Owners
- Ensure that MT (and any other stakeholder as required) is kept aware of the key risk, control & audit issue of the Domain through periodical risk forum and reporting
- Prepare and provide management report on risk, compliance audit or remediation to MT, Risk Forum
- Ensure that all management information is produced in line with the defined schedule and quality and should support management decision and action
- Ensure integrity of source and the processing of data to deliver accurate representation in management information
- Serve as single point of contact (SPoC) to handle information request from, and provide responses to regulators, external or internal auditors. Attend audit meetings, clarification, review.
- Facilitate the review and verification on audit findings for accuracy, risk rating and remediation management action plans (MAP) with service owners
- Facilitate or mange the audit remediation to provide timely update on process and timely completion. Review remediation to ensure risks are significantly mitigated
Risk and Control Review on Major Incidents
- Manage stakeholder expectations and influence stakeholders in understanding risk and impacts, importance and priorities on threat and vulnerabilities of the Bank to be remediated, regulatory compliance gap to be addressed
- Attend to any issue contention and resolve them including remediation ownership contention, remediation scope creep or challenge arising that may delay the remediation closure
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- SPoC for the Domain on major incident review and control improvement required on Domain
- Drive implementation and adoption of agreed initiatives across the Domain including communication, control design and control monitoring.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CISSP, CRISC, CISA and related certifications preferred.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.