About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
- Liquidity Technology is a world class technology group in Standard Chartered Bank responsible for providing technical and operational solutions to support the Bank&rsquos Treasury Liquidity functions. We bring a deep understanding of the domain, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of balance sheet management within a large, distributed financial services organization. The culture in Liquidity IT is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars freewheeling discussions intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement opportunities are always there for those with the required motivation, energy and capabilities.
- The Liquidity Technology team requires a solution analyst to work on the Intra Day Liquidity projects cantered around the liquidity risk and balance sheet management systems to meet a range of regulatory and internal requirements. This role will sit within the Liquidity Technology department and will work closely with the business solutions team, project managers, business change and development teams on various projects.
- As a Senior SAP Analytics Cloud Engineer you will be the focal point in delivering and designing solutions, integrating different, bringing together the business, operations and technology as one consolidated delivery force. In this role, you are responsible for developing and managing the architecture of the Reporting and analytics product built on SAP HANA (On prem/On Cloud), SAP Analytics Cloud, XSA and Node Js.
- Additionally, you will be working in Scaled Agile Framework product delivery setup to deliver the features, enablers and help the technical Architecture of product. You will also be actively involved in the integration and system testing of developed systems/applications where required as well as DevOps activities for various projects. You will also share knowledge and mentor less experienced colleagues.
- You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- Develop concepts and solutions for critical applications, systems, etc. and design/ procedure and take part in global project/product teams.
- Program / code development according to features/enablers provided by the System Architect and Product Manager.
- Ensure all project development activities are documented and perform peer reviews for the code quality and ensure compliance to all standards and guidelines for software programming.
- Develop and define a wide-range of documentation, for example presentations, technical designs/guidelines, functional feature specifications, system requirements, etc.
- Maintain documentation on a regular basis and be accountable for the quality and completeness
- Communicate (and/or train as necessary) on documentation content
Governance and standards
- Investigate IT procedures, standards and/or guidelines (including AGCS as well as Group IT standards)
- Evaluate existing systems/processes
Conduct IT analysis
- Conduct analysis on whether IT policies/standards are being followed, follow up and apply in cases where necessary
- Report to IT management on results
- Perform peer reviews for the code quality and ensure the compliance to all standards and guidelines for software programming
- Proactively conduct ad-hoc as well as regular analysis on IT systems, documentation, processes, data, etc
Our Ideal CandidateQualifications & Skills
- Proactively work and coordinate with relevant stakeholders (within IT, the business, strategic vendors / outsource partners, among others) to deliver consultancy and service.
- Coordinate with other functions as necessary.
- Preferably Bachelor&rsquos degree or equivalent education
- Hand on experience in SAP Analytics Cloud reporting, Business Objects SAP HANA data models and views, Performance management.
- At least 10-12 years experience in similar banking projects implementation
- Willingness to take ownership and drive projects
- Good understanding of software development life cycle and system solutions design
- Prior experience with large data sets and performance optimisation on SAP HANA and real time reporting.
- Knowledge of Intra Day Liquidity, and Balance Sheet Management would be a definite advantage
- Knowledge of bank statements, swift MT messages, Real time payments, XML messaging formats is a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of reconciliations between ledgers and bank statements, real time reporting requirements is good to have.
- Any knowledge on SAP products would be a definite advantage.
- Good understanding of financial market products, equities and derivative products is a good to have.
- Exposure and prior experience to design and integrate different systems, driving the business requirements discussions, detailed documentation and articulation are mandatory requirements.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills across various levels in the organisation
- Attention to detail and able to work within tight timeframes and manage multiple deliverables
- Good presentation skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.