- Strategize the Technology roadmap for CLDM delivery
- Foster engineering mindset among the people and develop talent within the team
- Provide Inputs / directions for strategic programs across Solutions, Design and Approach to implementation
- Adopt the bank&rsquos cloud strategy and drive within your programs/projects
- Strategize on new areas like choice of design, databases, API strategies, Microservices led Architecture as part of Engineering stream
- Understand the bank priorities on the strategic initiatives and on the new programs planned further.
- Adhere to Vx principles and guidelines on all the deliveries and related initiatives.
- Follow ICS guidelines.
- Be aware of SDF and TDA rules.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Must be aware of the Group&rsquos regulatory framework and is expected to adhere based on the role.
- Must understand the oversight and controls related to Business Unit, Job Function and deliver.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the[country / business unit / function/[team]to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CLDM ITO, CLDM Business, Interfacing systems to CLDM (CCIB Business Unit)
Our Ideal CandidateStandard Job Requirements
- Work on all CCIB CLDM Objectives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in Agile methodology
- Good experience in DevOps
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle using Agile/Waterfall models
- Good knowledge on object-oriented analysis and design
- Understanding on source control, versioning, branching etc.
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles and coding standards.
- Ability to build extensible and scalable solutions
- Good experience in setting up the Delivery team in various location & Managing the large team
- Good experience in delivering the application end to end including production support.
- 10 to 12 Years of experience in application development using Java and Advance Technologies tool.
Development Lead Competency
- Good knowledge about design patterns and development principles, microservices architecture
- Strong hands on experience on DevOps including GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, JIRA, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker and automation test tool like JMeter, SoapUI.
- Expertise in Linux Operating System (Preferably RHEL)
- Ability to design and build smart, scalable solutions with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in quick paced, dynamic environment adapting agile methodologies
- Expertise in RDBMS solutions (Oracle, PostgreSQL) & NoSQL offerings (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
- Experience in building large scale applications using opensource and J2EE technologies.
- Good knowledge in application integration using Web Service (SOAP/REST) or Messaging using JMS.
- Strong experience on Unit testing and code coverage using JUnit/Mockito.
- Strong experience in open source frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, OpenJPA, QueryDSL, AOP & JTA Transaction Management and Apache Libraries (Camel/ActiveMQ/Commons), Hazelcast
- Strong experienced in policy/rule engines like Oracle Policy Automation or Drools
- Experience in distributed technologies e.g. Kafka, Apache MQ, RabbitMQ etc. will be added advantage
- Web services, API design, Defining Specification using swagger/RAML.
- Understanding of continuous build concept and usage with maven, SonarQube or other related tools
- Strong experience and Knowledge on Data Analysis & Profiling.
- Having Knowledge in Python programming is added advantage
- Good knowledge on Banking domain and experience in CLDM Life cycle and process guidelines
- Strong knowledge in Cloud engineering (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
Training, Qualifications and Certifications
- Good experience in People Management & handling the large of the Delivery Team from various location.
- Good experience in understanding the business requirement, defining project Scope, Effort Estimation and providing the plan for delivering the product.
- Good experience in delivering the applications including Sprint, SIT, UAT and Performance Testing support
- Good experience in working with Business stakeholders and Senior Technical leaders for delivering the strategy solution
- Good Teamwork skills for building the strong relationship with Developers and senior Stakeholders
- Experience in evaluating the performance of team members, provide feedbacks and prepare appraisals.
- Experience in application management on defining project objectives, resource planning, allocation and support for projects.
- Experience in handling the issues relating to application resource utilization.
- Good experience in application support & Handling the critical Production issue with PSS support team.
- Maintaining good technical knowledge to provide direction to the development process.
- Manage cost and quality improvement activities by implementing new effective processes.
- Good knowledge in the application release Management and code promotion to higher environment using Devops.
About Standard Chartered
- Training/qualifications and Certifications in some of the functional and/or technical domains as mentioned will be an added advantage
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website