About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- The candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter, who can work in a fast-spaced environment.
- Ideal candidate should have at least 8 years of experience playing various roles including technical design, architecture and delivery roles in Data Warehousing and Big Data ecosystem with complex integrations/interfaces both batch and real-time.
- Should have 3 to 4 years of experience in real-time data processing solutions using Big Data Ecosystem (Cloudera or Hortonworks) and proficient with HFDS, HIVE, HBASE, SPARK (Batch & Streaming), KAFKA
- Should have hands on experience in Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure)
- Strong Programming background on Java or SQL & Shell scripting
- Should have experience working in DevOps culture and set up CI/CD pipeline using Git, Jenkins, and Rundeck
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Should be able to effectively communicate & collaborate
- Experience in API/microservices development is an added advantage
- Exposure to AI/ML is desirable
- Responsible for development of modules in big-data applications covering solution design, development, quality assurance and production Implementation
- Understand business priorities and urgencies and deliver outcomes in sprints/MVPs
- Align to the bank&rsquos architecture principles and design solutions working with other business and technology stakeholders
- Drive design review sessions and bring in industry best practices and techniques.
- Adhere to the bank&rsquos development standards and delivery processes and governance guidelines.
- Co-ordinate SIT and UAT Testing & Production Change Implementations
- Responsibilities that are related to the development and implementation of Big Data based projects/solutions for CPBB Data initiatives aligned to CPBB Data strategy.
- Should have prior work experience in Retail Banking domain and should have an understanding of retail banking products like CASA, Deposits, Loans and Cards.
People and Talent
- Should have atleast 8 years experience in end-to-end SDLC process in waterfall or Agile mode of delivery . Should have participated in Agile ceremonies.
- Should have DevOps experience and CI/CD pipeline deployment
- Should have sound understanding of technology Risk Management processes
- Should have led small to medium teams in developing and delivering Big data applications
- Should be able to identify, mitigate and track delivery risks for a project
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Should have been part of Project Governance reporting to Project Working group or Steering group
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leadto achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- Hadoop Certification preferred
- Agile Certification preferred
- AWS/Azure certification .
Visit our careers website