About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Develop the strategic direction and roadmap for SCPAY, aligning with Business Strategy, ITO Strategy and investment priorities.
- Tap into latest industry trends, innovative products & solutions to deliver effective and faster product capabilities
- Support CASH Management Operations leveraging technology to streamline processes, enhance productivity, reduce risk and improve controls
- Work hand in hand with Payments Business, taking product programs from investment decisions into design, specifications, solutioning, development, implementation and hand-over to operations, securing support and collaboration from other SCB teams
- Ensure delivery to business meeting time, cost and high quality constraints
- Support respective businesses in growing Return on investment, commercialisation of capabilities, bid teams, monitoring of usage, improving client experience, enhancing operations and addressing defects & continuous improvement of systems
- Thrive an ecosystem of innovation and enabling business through technology
Responsible for the end-to-end deliveries of the technology portfolio comprising key business product areas such as Payments & Clearing. Own technology delivery of projects and programs across global SCB markets that
a) develop/enhance core product capabilities
b) ensure compliance to Regulatory mandates
c) support operational improvements, process efficiencies and zero touch agenda
d) build payments platform to align with latest technology & architecture trends, improved stability and scale
Interface with business & technology leaders of other SCB systems for collaborative delivery.People and Talent
- Employ, engage and retain high quality talent to ensure Payments Technology team is adequately staffed and skilled to deliver on business commitments
- Lead through example and build appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Bridge skill / capability gaps through learning and development
- Ensure role, job descriptions and expectations are clearly set and periodic feedback provided to the entire team
- Ensure the optimal blend and balance of in-house and vendor resources
- Be proactive in ensuring regular assurance that the Payments ITO Team is performing to acceptable risk levels and control standards
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure those are addressed within quick / prescribed timeframes and escalated through the relevant committees
- Balance business delivery on time, quality and cost constraints with risks & controls to ensure that they do not materially threaten the Group&rsquos ability to remain within acceptable risk levels
- Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery planning for the entire technology portfolio
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Our Ideal Candidate
- Solution Architect &ndash SCPAY
- SCPAY &ndash Programme Managers
- Group Payments Product Development Heads
- Group Cash Operations
- Minimum 4 to 7 yrs of experience in the Dev role and in that a couple of years of experience as Dev lead role is an added advantage, good knowledge in Java, Microservices and Spring boot
- Technical Knowledge: Java / Spring Boot, Kafka Streams, REST, JSON, Netflix Micro Services suite ( Zuul / Eureka / Hystrix etc., ), 12 Factor Apps, Oracle, PostgresSQL, Cassandra & ELK
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed and highly varied stakeholders
- Very Good communication and interpersonal skills to manage senior stakeholders and top management
- Knowledge on JIRA and Confluence tools are desired
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.