Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world's leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We are looking for Lead Designer - Civil 3D Highways Roads
to join our team. This role will be based at our Atkins office in Bangalore, IN.How will you contribute to the team
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
What will you contribute
- To work as part of Atkins BIM/CAD team under NNB delivery Team.
- To assist in delivering a range of projects relating to infrastructure design and planning.
- To train new staffs in the team.
- Take new challenges and initiatives.
- Develop project deliverables, particularly drawings and reports in accordance with client scope, budget and quality requirements.
- Knowledge of BIM.
- Coordinate with subconsultants, and Design Engineers.
- Prepare and manage engineering plans and project documents.
- Evaluate engineering alternatives and resolve technical issues.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner.
- Research and follow jurisdictional requirements unique to each project.
- Review and draft rough sketches, drawings, etc. as provided by the Project Engineer and/or BIM Manager.
- Determine scale and perform mathematical calculations that require knowledge of geometry, algebra, trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Follow BIM and CAD standards.
- Use point data to create a site plan that is physically and legally accurate.
- Create a continuous surface that you can use to display contours and elevations accurately.
- Increase the accuracy of elevation calculations.
- Cut and Fill - review site volume calculations based on the terrain model.
- Transform a 2D schematic into a 3D site model by adding a directional surface to elevations.
- Create long sections and new design profiles in a fraction of the time compared to AutoCAD.
- Use profiles to view elevation data along a horizontal profile.
- Represent a proposed surface along an alignment.
- Create and edit view cross sections of elevations along surfaces.
- Incorporate road features into your design, such as lanes, side-slopes, ditches and curbs.
- Create a corridor to calculate how much soil to be move, how much concrete and asphalt you need.
- Create, edit, and label alignments, Civil 3D parcels, and corridors.
- Manage, data reference, label and interact with a Civil 3D surface.
- Perform roadway design, including creating corridors, subassemblies, road FG, contour grading, and surface cleanup/manipulation through Tin/points.
- Produce intelligent 3D BIM models and extract information directly from the model to form 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other Highways Engineering deliverables.
- Develop, Supervise and oversee design, modelling and detailing including production of Civil3D Models and extraction of information directly from the model to form 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other deliverables.
- Manage the Highways / Roads discipline 3D models, review model quality and technical content including clash detection and compliance with the BIM Execution plan.
- Work with the BIM Manager and project teams to assist in the development and implementation of BIM strategies, BIM Execution Plans, workflows, and processes on projects in accordance with Atkins Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice.
- Undertake self-checking and perform technical assurance checks of work undertaken by the team thus ensuring work produced is technically accurate and delivered in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Actively contribute to project design development by contributing to internal coordination, clash detection and design review sessions as well as external presentations to clients.
- Provide over the shoulder support for junior staff, mentor and support them through technical training and live project work supervision.
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent technical discipline plus 8-12 years experience progressive drafting and design experience.
- 8 - 12 years AutoCAD, Civils3D Cad, Micro station, Revit and detailing experience involving work associated with Highways Roads projects.
- Extensive experience of detailing Highways Roads infrastructures.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers. Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment.
Highly desirable experience includes engineering application experience, specifically:
What we offer at Atkins
- Expertise in 3D modelling, reality capture, 4D and 5D simulations and data integrations.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of authoring tools (i.e. Bentley, Esri, Revit).
- Proficient in additional Autodesk BIM Software: Revit, Navisworks, ReCap, and InfraWorks.
- Skilled in ESRI ArcGIS ArcMap workflows.
- Skilled in Bentley Software: MicroStation, InRoads, OpenRoads, ConceptStation, and ContextCapture.
- Experience implementing and administrating common data environments: Bentley ProjectWise, MS Teams, SharePoint, BIM360.
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
Why work for Atkins
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various s.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the globe for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.Additional Information:
Atkins is an committed to promoting a - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment