Lead Communication Designer @ Razorpay
Razorpay is one of the leaders among FinTech players in India, and our customer obsession has played a huge role in paving the way till here. Crisp visuals with the wow factor have always given a front seat to Razorpay at the table of design. In terms of brand, we have been able to establish ourselves as one of the most well-known players in the FinTech space. Going forward, the vision is to establish the brand of Razorpay with such distinction that it is easily recognizable at every nook and corner of the country.
At the Razorpay Brand Studio, our team of communication designers help in creating engaging narratives for our merchants who are in the awareness, consideration and evaluation stages in a SaaS lifecycle. We are looking for an experienced, highly passionate and self-driven professional who can join the Razorpay Brand Studio and help us in our Platforms team.
The Platform team at Razorpay is responsible for all horizontal processes - right from getting a business to find Razorpay online to onboarding them into a transacting business and helping them set up the Payments Suite for their business. This team also looks after a lot of horizontal product areas like Dashboards, Communication Frameworks, and Design Systems which powers the end to end experiences of Razorpay.
If you're someone who is versatile and can switch across mediums while telling stories through digital design - you're in the right space. It's quite possible that today you might be optimizing the UI of our pricing page and the next day you might be creating an animated video to make our merchant onboarding easier -- The nature of the work is quite vast and challenging. You're someone who believes in prioritizing craftsmanship over just getting it done, caring deeply about users needs over building something generic and getting the last detail right over hovering on the surface. What would you work on
- Team leadership (motivation and articulation)
- For a given initiative, work with a cross-disciplinary team by taking ownership of the end to end creative lifecycle from discovering customer needs to define a solution.
- Deliver solutions with agility and consistency while maintaining the design excellency that Razorpay has been able to establish over the years.
- Provide creative leadership and art direction for designs and experiences created by the platform designers and peers in BrandStudio.
- Work closely with our Head of Design and Creative Director to push the bar across the horizontal experiences by rapidly experimenting on our website, mailers, onboarding funnels, pricing, and other growth opportunities.
- Brand strategy & Designing for growth
- Identifying and refining the key experiences on our website with a mindset to constantly experiment with a clear hypothesis.
- Create, maintain, and manage the visual systems, brand identity, production quality, and style guide.
- Develop a distinct form of storytelling for the brand by focusing on the latest trends, styling advice, and engagement data from past campaigns..
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Communication Leads in other business units to define a strategic vision for expressing the characteristics of the brand with a focus on solving user problems.
- Think on a campaign level and execute big-picture ideas. Create unique, compelling visual content that engages new and potential customers, reflects the consumer mindset and amplifies growth metrics, and supports key business initiatives.
- Conceptualize new and innovative ways to incorporate content and commerce. Deliver brand and product storytelling consistently across all channels like websites, e-mailers, landing pages, collaterals and growth campaigns.
- Deliver insight, direction, and feedback on projects in all stages of production. Facilitate fresh and inspiring creative direction that helps to clearly communicate through our products.
- Kick-off brainstorms with the marketing, sales and the PR team.
- Design advocacy and evangelism
- Be a strong advocate for exceptional visual experiences and demonstrate their impact. Evangelize the goals of design and communicate them to the marketing, product and other teams in the organization.
- Should be obsessive over details and have an extensive understanding in overseeing the implementation of visual systems with accuracy, consistency, and high levels of quality.
- Represent Razorpay outside by speaking in external design conferences/meetups, publishing blogs/articles or running events.
- Resource management and collaboration
- Take responsibility for the growth of the communication designers in Platform Pod. Help them grow their soft and hard skills. Help them define their career paths, identify opportunities and level up to do the best work of their lives.
- Take responsibility for attracting and hiring excellent people across Brand Studio. You'll work to create the systems for you (and others) to effectively evaluate and hire designers.
- Build strong relationships throughout the company to help unify our narrative and amplify our mission internally and externally. Work closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering & Sales partners of your business unit to deliver delightful customer experiences.
- Manage the team and the work
- Manage & plan the sprints and design reviews of Platforms & Central Comms POD end to end.
- Mentor a team of communication designers and guide them along their careers and personal growth areas.
- Along with the design managers, manage various design projects and their priorities. Help the team in resolving blockers. Ensure the output meets business goals, deadlines and design excellence.
And you are...
- You are someone who increases the effectiveness of the entire team
- Not just in your business unit - a leader and an example-setter for the entire Brand Studio team.
- Your processes are celebrated, emulated and copied by teams in and out of the organization.
- You are an amazing designer who has shipped out many great designs.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in designing websites for digital products.
- A portfolio of inspiring design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love.
- A great understanding of Branding and Visual Design with relentless attention to detail and consistency.
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital media and consumer consumption.
- You're creative-minded and intensely customer-focused. You care about design all the way from a strategic level down to design details and getting the pixels right.
- Good to have: experience with creative design projects on the likes of animated videos, motion graphics, and videography.
- Understanding the importance of behavioral analytics. You go data-driven when applicable and understand the nuances of it. Experience with various analytics tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc would be awesome.
- You have experience in mentoring other creatives. You're passionate about developing designers skills and careers. You inspire and motivate people to do their best work fully aligned with business goals. You know how to grow and hire new leaders.
- You love change and know how to manage it. You can work effectively in a dynamic environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work. Experience working in Agile/Scrum development processes is a big plus.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills. You are able to clearly articulate design decisions within a larger context to the team and leadership.