Job DescriptionTemplate to be used for Internal Job Posting Business: WPB D&A, Global Analytics CenterOpen positions: 1Role Title:Assistant Vice President - Business ConsultingGlobal Career Band:5Location :BangaloreRecruiter Name: Shaishav bhatnagarWhy join usGlobal Analytics Center (GAC): A mature analytics capability, the Global Analytics Center (GAC), is a hub of advanced analytics competency, providing high-end analytics services across global businesses and global functions. Set-up in India in 2004, GAC has matured into a shared Centre of Excellence comprising 2000+ professionals with offices in Bangalore, Kolkata, Vizag, Guangzhou and Krakow. The work done in GAC forms a vital input towards for strategic planning by the senior management for businesses and enables effective decision making along with addressing unforeseen challenges. GAC is an innovative community leveraging the best of data and analytics capabilities to enable smarter decisions and drive profitable growth. Rightly positioned in the two major intellectual hubs of India, Poland and China, it attracts a rich mix of resources across business consulting, data analysts, decisions scientists and advance analytics professionals. Being in these locations also enables HSBC to leverage talent from the rich academic and start-up ecosystem to keep up to date with the latest in the industry.Today, the GAC team generates value across the group through a wide variety of data and analytic solutions and related business consulting. GAC has become a one-stop shop for the group's analytic needs leading the integration of analytics and data-driven decisions not only in traditional areas such as Risk , Retail, Wholesale, Private & Commercial Banking but also in new domains such as Regulatory, Operations, Procurement, Human Resources, and Financial Crime Risk. It provides support to various business groups and the job involves data analysis, model and strategy development & implementation, Business Intelligence, reporting and data management Global Business/Global Function (Ex: WPB, CMB, GRA etc.):
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers needs.
WPB business team will leverage richer analytics-driven insights to enable a more personalized approach to targeting and engaging with consumers. From location-based offers to improved service delivery, WPB business will use spending patterns, product use, and channel interactions to enable improved experience-driven banking. WPB business to provide employees with contextual data for smarter consumer engagement and provide management with robust analytics (customer interaction, attrition, loyalty, cost analysis and transactional and behavioral analysis) for ongoing decision-making and also for mitigating regulatory risk. WPB analytics team provide support 30+ markets globallyGlobal Business/Global Function - Sub-Function (Ex : CDO, CCS, DDS,…) :
Data Modelling, Business IntelligenceWhat you'll do: Job Description:Business Consulting
job family is structured to address end-to-end business needs. Members of this Job Family are differentiated by their capability of providing the required consultation & work with end-business by way of assessing the requirements, identifying the right analytical solution that can solve for the business problem, and developing the same for execution - often covering areas of business growth, improving customer experience, limiting risk exposure, enhancing internal business processes etc.,. They are required to, as necessary, embed agile & exploratory practices into their approach as needed, and retain the flexibility to change track to adopt other solutions based on changed scenarios, in order to deliver on effective results. This talent group can be tapped into for providing solutions for varying areas including improving existing processes, technology and approaches by embedding exploratory & analytics & taking it forward with a consulting mind set.
Management of Risk/Internal Controls/Compliance:
- Sees the bigger picture and assesses relationships between recommended analytical solutions / projects and business performance. Good understanding of business domain, functional goals, and the required technical expertise
- Owns delivery of high quality analytical solutions for the business stakeholders across one of more regions
- Partner with functional business leaders in developing & owning analytical strategies / decision making to achieve a higher value.
- Translate key analytical solutions as generic and re-deployable across regions / markets
- Provides actionable analytical solutions for business problems with clear articulation of recommendations
- Supports innovative analytical thinking & solutions that results into improved business performance
- Individual contributor who is ready to work in the afternoon shift (12:30 - 9:30 PM IST)
- The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators. QualificationsWhat you will need to succeed in the role:
Link to Candidate User Guide:(Or) Go to the below link and type 'IND GSC: IJP Applicant User Guide' in the search bar.You'll achieve more at HSBC
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on analytics experience solving complex business problems using data
- PhD or Masters degree from reputed university in statistics, economics or any other quantitative fields
- Strong analytical skills with business analysis experience or equivalent. Indepth knowledge and understanding of financial-services/ banking-operations is a must
- Proven leadership track record in dynamic/changing banking environments, ability to navigate through organisational challenges
- Ability to nurture strong relationships with stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptionally strong organizational, problem-solving & inter-personal skills. Ability to communicate clearly across various levels
- Very good knowledge of data analytics (segmentation, forecasting), Model Development-Deployment-Monitoring
- Hands on experience working with SAS, Python, R and QlikSense
- Exposure to the Query optimization, Quality enhancement for data base management is desirable
- Statistical/Machine Learning Modeling experience primarily in Banking, Retail banking domain
- Knowledge in Regression, Decision Trees, Cluster Analysis and Deep Learning algorithms and different Forecasting Methodologies
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***