Job Description :
• As a competent technical team member participate in team-based efforts surrounding development, deployment and support of solutions in response to business needs. Build, deploy and troubleshoot custom software solutions in response to business needs. As a senior back-end developer you will be involved in all stages of the project life cycle from requirements, development, implementation and support rotation in production environments and working independently, with limited guidance in only on the most complex situations. Communicate and coordinate with cross-teams including off-shore. Communicate and coordinate with cross-teams including off-shore.
• Design, develop and maintain web applications developed using Java/J2EE,
• Spring/Struts/JSP, Web services (SOAP and RESTful) using JSON and XML formats and produce reusable superior technical components.
• Strong relational database skills in MySQL/Oracle or PostgreSQL.
• Understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA) deployments with ability to design applications.
• Experience using Scrum, Agile modelling and adaptive software development lifecycle.
• Work closely with project, business analyst and QA teams. This requires strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Participates efficiently and effectively in Quality Assurance methodologies and solutions in support of business needs
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Provide technical support and guidance directly to end users.
• Trains and mentors less experienced staff.
• Performs system and application testing, ensuring delivery meets business needs.
• Prepares appropriate documentation from which systems and solutions are supported and maintained.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent emphasis.
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years of expertise Java, SQL, Open Source Frameworks.
• Technical and/or Agile certifications.
• Participate in a Scrum Development Team.
• Collaborative Developer.
• Capable innovator.
• Continuous integration and build process and deployment experience and SONAR for code quality analysis are desired.
• Experience with Git, Maven, Jira and/or Hudson/Jenkins are a plus.
• Test driven development using testing frameworks (Junit, SoapUI).
• Team player and ability to mentor developers on application development best practices.
• Good hands-on, documentation and good coding practices.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Will make decisions with limited guidance from management team