Summary of Position:
IT Manager is defined as a position within the IT Infrastructure support of the organization, which is responsible for the daily support and maintenance of Arrow’s remote Datacenter infrastructure. As well, IT Manager is responsible for managing and administering a team of professionals working on all forms of UNIXes (RH and AIX),Cloud, Windows, Citrix and Storage Systems.
Within the India COC this position will report to Senior Manager - IT Infrastructure Services. This position will also work closely with the Manager of the Infrastructure Computing Services groups in the US/EMEA, who oversees the day-to-day operations and direction of these group.
This position will be based out of India and will involve L3 support. As such, the candidate needs to manage the team and is also required to analyze and troubleshoot issues as reported by the end-user. In doing so, varying tasks will be performed, such as managing UNIX, VMware ,Virtualization, cloud computing, Storage, Windows and Citrix components.
Position Responsibilities and not limited to:
• Analyze and troubleshoot problems involving all the mentioned technologies and support production environments.
• Responsible for supporting more than 5000 virtual and physical servers and more than 15 PB of data.
• Responsible for rolling out new Production/Qual and Dev environments including pre and post jobs
• Responsible for supporting Arrow’s various cloud and virtualization technologies like the Azure, VMware, IBM LPAR , VIO , Hypervisors, Citrix across multiple Datacenters in the US
• Hands on experience on Server Platforms such as IBM and HP Servers and use of ILO, onboard administrator and HMC consoles
• Responsible for managing backups and storage on virtualization and server side storage support.
• Responsible for supporting Arrow’s critical ERP servers and ERP applications across all regions
• Responsible for Hardening of the OS and environments
• Responsible for managing Enterprise Backup environment
• Hands on experience on Storage requirements for internal cloud and virtualized Platforms
• Responsibilities include Migrations and Integration of existing and new environments
• Provide support, working directly with the Applications Developers, users and Helpdesk.
• Attend critical bridge calls and Engineering calls and escalation.
• Interface with other groups within the organization during all phases of projects, from design through inception
• Participate in the EPR go-live programs and war rooms
• Implement scripting for automation and automate the Global data center activities with Chef, Satellite and Ansible etc
• Support Arrow’s Disaster Activity exercise and support the DR side of the IT infrastructure including the VMware environment and the SRDF support.
• Leading the monitoring efforts of daily system processes/tasks/utilization
• A Minimum of 14 years of hands-on experience in Redhat Linux, VMWare and IBM AIX . LPARs, Windows, Citrix and Middleware platforms in production environment (administration, configuration and troubleshooting)
• Sound knowledge of Cloud computing and Azure
• Sound knowledge of SAN and NAS
• Ability to analyze performance issues and provide root cause using analysis logs and various tools.
• Ability to analyze the capacity and performance requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with client and team relationship/interaction skills
• Experience in a large corporate environment would be an added advantage