Roles and Responsibilities:
Our client is a leading global provider of asset and wealth management solutions. They provide investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high- net-worth families create and manage wealth.
This team is currently seeking Fund Accounting Sr. Associate to join our team in Gurgaon
• You will act as an intermediary between the funds and their investment managers and serve as the official record keeper for the funds.
• Prepare monthly financial reporting package for the Hedge Funds, including the determination of 'Net Asset Value' and prepare the Statement of Asset and Liabilities and Profit and Loss Statement
• Ensuring fund income and expenses, including management and performance fees, are accrued for and are in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
• Accurate and timely processing of all capital activities including subscriptions, redemptions, transfers, rollups, capital commitments and calls.
• Derive pricing for portfolio investments. Updating status reports.
• Cash Management-managing the daily cash flow of trades and monitoring fund cash-flows. Process incoming and outgoing cash movements related to capital activity
• Reporting-preparing bespoke reports to address client requests.
• Independently complete cash, portfolio and capital reconciliations and investigate and resolve any discrepancies
• Creation and maintenance of investor information including payment models and contacts.
• Preparation of Investor and Client reports including Audit confirmations, Trade confirmations etc
• You are responsible to communicate the transactions associated with the fund(s) and work closely with internal and external clients to provide accurate and thorough accounting packages.
• You will correspond with external investment managers regarding day-to-day fund inquiries including entering security trades, fee payments, cash position breaks, and reconciliations. Client engagement and a dedication to quality service is a must for success.
Requirements for this role include:
• 2+ year(s) of accounting experience for financial instruments (equities, fixed income, and derivatives), operation of capital markets, and life cycle of trades. Good knowledge of Capital Market
• Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts.
• University degree or equivalent that required 3+ years of formal studies of Finance/Accounting principles
• 2+ year(s) of data entry experience that required a focus on quality including attention to detail, accuracy, and accountability for your work product.
• 2+ year(s) of experience using MS-Excel that required you to use Formulas, Tables & Formatting, Conditional Formatting, Charting, Pivot tables & Pivot Reporting.
• 1+ year(s) of experience in a service-oriented role where you had to correspond in writing or over the phone with external customers.
• A drive to broaden one’s knowledge of the financial services industry by learning new concepts and systems and taking the
initiative to apply it to daily work assignments.
• Attention-to-detail to ensure that all deliverables consistently meet the highest standard of quality and accuracy.
• Positivity and collegial approach in assisting both colleagues and clients and the ability to work in team environment.
• Curiosity, critical thinking and attention to detail: Whether it’s to identify a solution to a problem or possibly help
implement a more efficient process or procedure, your skills have a place in our business.