About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
Client Coverage Data function will be formed in Client Coverage (CC) T&I owning execution of strategy and overall build of strategic authorized data management and distribution platform
The Client Coverage Data Team (CC Data T&I) will be established and will be aligned to execute the Unified data backlog prioritized by the CC QPR. CC Data Team would consist of multiple Squads that would be responsible for technology delivery of the Data components. The candidate is expected to lead the full Team of development squads working on all aspects of CC Data Technology and own the build out of Client Coverage data platform. This is a high availability platform and a strong engineering background coupled with proven delivery experience with a global team would be required.
The role demands that the person works as a trusted business partner to manage multiple program & projects within the Data Technology domain. The candidate will need to create and nurture relations with business partners, technology heads, operations, group & country product, risk governance and planning support & services. A strong technology acumen is required to create innovative solutions and retain high levels of security around the Bank&rsquos data assets. Experience being a data evangelist, driving strategy for golden source adoption, data quality frameworks and data governance execution is key. Operating with high degree of maturity and influencing decision making with cross functional stream of stakeholders will be crucial.
Based in Bangalore, this role will also act as the location head for Client Coverage Technology and Innovation team. Will be a key enabler to boosting location delivery maturity and driving location strategy execution with the right talent management practices.Strategy
- The role is responsible for developing and executing the technology transformation and roadmap to deliver CC Data Architecture strategy.
- Develop the vision on the data platform for CC and align with the wider CCIB data strategy.
- Driving and implementing the strategic buildout of CC data platform and its operationalization. Delivery against the agreed product roadmap in partnership with cross functional teams in technology and business.
- Engagement with stakeholders to develop a consolidated delivery roadmap and boost contributor and consumer adoption on CC data platform.
- Responsible for co-ordinating with stakeholders across all CIO T&I areas to ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, solution and plans.
- Responsible for convergence and migration to strategic architecture. Envisage and align the portfolio to the growing technology needs & capabilities like Cloud, AI etc
- The Bank is investing to develop the Data Strategy and T&I Data Ecosystems thereby helping to achieve better use and control of Data
- Trusted advisor to the business. Work hand in hand with Client Coverage business and COO partners, to take investment decisions into design, specifications, solutioning, development, implementation and hand-over to operations, securing support and collaboration from other SCB teams.
- Envisioning, planning, and steering the strategic direction for the Data architecture
- Manage business partner expectations. Ensure delivery to business meeting time, cost and with high quality
- Providing thought leadership on solutions and collaborating across team and functional lines
- Drive an ecosystem of innovation and enabling business through technology
People and Talent
- Leadership and effective communication of policies and concepts, framework to manage the code data quality and security as part of the DevOps policy in place.
- Responsibility to follow diligently the Technology System Delivery Framework of the Bank for all deliveries.
- Inculcate the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct in the Data Technology Delivery Teams to ensure adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance to relevant policies and processes
- Establish workstream governance and robust working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Focus on developing talent by promoting a learning-based culture within the team encouraging them to leverage all learning opportunities available in the Bank.
- Lead through example and build appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners. Through coaching and mentoring harness, provide leadership, management and coaching of direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- The ability to interpret and align all responsible applications under the Groups technology and security framework, identify key issues based and put in place appropriate controls and measure.
- Familiar with the Global Payment Transparency Process and alignment to it always.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters. Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy complaint conduct is the norm
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, around infrastructure hosting and data management for client facing applications, and the regulatory requirements and expectations for the Bank. Ensure application design considerations are taken based on this.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters. Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy complaint conduct is the norm.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Data Technology Delivery Teams]to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CC Data Technology Product Management Team Members
- Chief product owner of CC Data domain
- CCIB T&I Management Team Members
- Global COOs
- Data Strategy & Chief Data Office groups
- Global Head, Security Technology Services
- CC PMO
- Technology Interface Teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Represent CC T&I in design reviews of other tech partners
- 20+ years of leading and managing Technology Functions & Services relevant to data, across Investment Banking.
- Proven Engineering expertise on Data platforms
- Change management, and Program management expertise at scale.
- Experienced with enterprise architectures and technologies supporting data management, pipelines, analytics & reporting.
- Strong ability to execute with influence with no direct authority.
- Defining technology roadmap, strategies and initiatives to meet business objectives.
- Experience with AI/ML, data visualization, data analytics, and data mining
- Experience in using distributed, highly available, low latency systems for analytics or data processing
- Experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly loosely coupled architectures and micro-services
- Understanding of Financial Products, Sales and Client Lifecycle Management processes.
- Proactive awareness of industry and market trends.
- Entrepreneurial minded, strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly developed written and verbal communication, strong drive and prepared to get into the detail as well as influencing all levels of the Bank.
- Ability to think strategically and strong leadership skills to lead people through change and transition.
- Experienced in building and leading teams
- Experience working with virtual teams in globally distributed model, working in matrix structures, managing team from multiple vendors.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.