The Role Responsibilities
The individual in this role has 3 key responsibilities
- Lead and manage the country Digital Innovation & Portfolio Management team with overall investment portfolio over USD 100 Mn
- Lead and manage the South Asia markets regional Digital Innovation & Portfolio Management team
- Manage the business relationship for CPBB India
- Revenue of USD 454 Mn and OP of USD 57 Mn
- T&I Project Portfolio of USD 100 Mn (Project Opex for India CP2022)
- Awareness and understanding of the Group and Country Function business strategy
- Awareness and understanding of T&I Group and Asia strategy.
- Recommending and implementing solutions aligned with group strategy thereby enabling successful business outcomes
- Prioritising solutions in the programme of work to create maximum positive impact to key strategic priorities
- Drive strategy execution and make recommendations as the internal technology / digital expert
Technology Portfolio Management
- Digital Innovation across India and South Asia cluster markets
- Primary responsibility for technology partner management by maintaining close relationship with current technology partners as well as potential new partners
- Proactively evaluate technology to impact and positively improve platform stability and end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Lead the selection of potential innovation opportunities by coordinating researches to identify and document new/existing digital technologies & trends
- Lead the prioritization of emerging tech / digital projects based on potential cost and ROI
- Leverage Design Thinking and other innovative development principles
- Proactively engage and lead collaboration with business to develop business case to support proof of concept, monitor progress and measure outcomes
- Develop metrics and KPI&rsquos to evaluate proof-of-concept success
- Drive implementation of the partnership model post successful proof of concept
Business Case Development
- Primary responsibility to oversee all program management functions across T&I organization including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication, and costs
- Monitor the critical path, contingencies, scope changes, and budget
- Proactively engage with senior and executive BU representatives as well as key IT leadership to align and execute IT & business initiatives
- Direct the delivery of programs through active sponsorship, leadership, and involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, scope, cost, and quality requirements
- Own & maintain an effective and consistent reviewing and reporting process in alignment with program strategy
- Lead program evaluations iteratively to understand program progress and alignment to business, requirements, and vision
- Lead cross-program and cross-project activities as needed and ensure alignment between stakeholders
- Asia region level oversight and governance of regulatory projects across Asia, as well as managing their dedicated funding and resource pool
- Lead the establishment of framework, approach, and best practices for end-to-end regulatory change management, as well as the development of best practice repository/reference on approach to address regulatory requirements
- Monitor thematic review of regulatory requirements and identify long term/reusable solutions
Business Relationship Management
- Analyze bank and regional strategies into execution-ready projects or initiatives, then drive cross-functional execution teams to deliver objectives
- Reviewing progress of Group Technology service improvement initiatives for the country/region, escalating, and contributing ideas as appropriate
- Ensure adequate capacity plan is in place to meet business growth and transformative projects
- Work with relevant stakeholders to enhance client experience via changes and introduction of new technologies and innovation
- Build valued relationships with key stakeholders for generating new business opportunities
- Proactively drive project initiation from the IT roadmap
- Responsible for a hive which has identified resources across CERT, SRE, Innovation & Portfolio Management, Local Application Development and Risk to manage the business relationship
- Engaging key stakeholders- Group Technology, Business Heads, T&I Product CIOs and GBS to develop and implement an end-to-end Technology service delivery strategy.
- Provide technology thought leadership and influence country/region&rsquos business strategy with the effective and innovative deployment of technology.
- Develop transformative solutions and introduce capabilities that align to Business strategies with an end-to-end view
- Develop client related technology service strategies to enhance revenue potential and improve utilization of current service provisions
- Understand and contribute to country / region&rsquos business strategy and communicate country/regional business direction to Group Technology. Influence Group Technology to ensure that approved business plans have matching technology investment plans available for business investment committee evaluation
- Represent technology in the Regulatory forums / committee for the services / product offered by CPBB.
- Collaborate with Products team for RFP / Business Partnerships and represent technology in client&rsquos meetings for CPBB.
- Work with Frontline on key client&rsquos challenges and drive strategic long-term solution.
- Technical evaluation of vendor capability to deliver solution withing the banks architecture framework and guidelines.
- Strengthen network across industry peers and actively contribute in multiple banks though leadership forums initiatives by NPCI, IBBIC (Blockchain) & Foreign Banks.
- Review / recommend NFR for new complex projects to improve better client experience, operational efficiency, and process during system contingency.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
People and Talent
- Responsible for the adherence to system architecture, development, build and deployment processes of the resilience solutions to be delivered.
- Perform thematic analysis based on the incident trend, root causes to identify key actions and follow up with the respective domain heads to address the same.
- Participate in the high priority incident RCA meetings to understand the fixes identified and work with the respective group T&I teams to prioritize the fixes till closure.
- Prioritize the book of work for the defect fixes based on the open issues across the domains.
- Participates in relevant Tech Councils, ensuring compliance with Architecture Principles and adherence to the Architecture Roadmap
- Cultivate a culture of openness and transparency to increase the likelihood of project success
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Employ, engage, and retain high quality (skill and experienced) people to deliver its obligations.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Own risk records for technology incidents resulting in breaches and regulatory reporting.
- Track obsolescence for critical applications (TRM/MIBS) and ensure all the obsolete components are funded with remediation plans.
- Manage risk exposure across multiple projects through the identification and management of key project risks to ensure the delivery of business goals
- Provide thought leadership and solutions to complex challenges at the project or program levels (e.g., prioritization of business requirements if faced with budget/time constraints, trade-offs of resource allocation across projects). Bring structure to sometimes ambiguous targets/purposes and craft project to bring practical resolutions
- Ensure focus and effective support of internal and external audit activities.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the India and South Asia Cluster CERT team and Business Relationship with CPBB to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regional CIO India & South Asia Cluster
- Cluster CEO and MT
- Country CIOs / CTMs in India and South Asia Cluster
- Country CEO and MT members
- Country business heads
- Head CPBB India and India CPBB MT
- Digital Head India
- Group Technology
- Group Systems Development on roadmap, new initiatives & project status, local implementations
- Group Technology Finance
- Group Technology Project Management Office
Our Ideal Candidate
- Local Regulator
- Local software and hardware vendors
About Standard Chartered
- Bachelor&rsquos or master&rsquos degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience in a senior technical leadership role
- Deep knowledge of the Standard Chartered network, joining the dots between business and tech strategy and delivery in region
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website