About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.Make an impact every day with Trust, Data and Resilience (TDR)
Our TDR team sits within the Group Operations function and is responsible for mission-critical areas including cyber, information, data, privacy and resilience. These are challenges that impact our clients globally. Our TDR team develops the platforms, drives the processes and builds partnerships to benefit millions of people every day. They thrive in providing solutions to complex issues, devote time and energy to designing new and innovative solutions, and all in an environment that demands being risk-aware, not risk-averse. TDR chooses progress over perfection and aims to always participate with a constructive purpose. The team makes an impact wherever they are based, be it in our offices around the world, our Global Business Solution centres in China, India, Malaysia and Poland, or even from our home.
Now you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact with a diverse and passionate team of creators, innovators and achievers. With us, you&rsquoll learn, be inspired, and make an impact every day. The success of our work hinges on how we use the unique diversity of our people to realise the effects we seek to achieve: Always on. Always safe. Always Simple.The Role Responsibilities
The Manager, Operational Risk and ICS Risk, is part of a small team responsible for the effective management of operational risk and ICS Risk across Group Resilience, ensuring compliance with Group wide risk frameworks, policies and standards.
The role requires close partnering with risk and control specialists both within Group Resilience and those in other depts including TDR, SCM, Compliance and 2nd Line functions of Operational & Technology Risk and CISRO.
Key responsibilities comprise of:
- Completion of Top Down Reviews
- Completion of the RCSA
- Input to meeting all the governance reporting, eg NFRC, SMR
- Management of risk appetite metrics
- Oversight of trigger events and associated reporting
- Maintenance of the risk and control data in M7
- Execution of testing (CSTs/KCIs)
- Assisting in the development of new/improved processes, controls and introducing other steps to strengthen risk management, eg from the 2nd Line and 3rd Line report findings
- Support in fully discharging Group Resilience&rsquos responsibilities to fulfil the requirements of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF).
- Support in the execution of reliable processes for capturing the risks across the department to fulfil both 1st Line and 2nd Line responsibilities, supporting the implementation of improvements to these processes so that residual risks are within acceptable tolerances.
- Manage and develop further measurements for tracking the risks from both Operational & Technology Risk and ICS Risk landscapes.
- Work with the 1st Line Process Owners to continuously improve the processes and controls to realise efficiency, partnering with the different project initiative including the ICS R&R Programme and the Operational Resilience Programme.
- Maintain a full understanding of the processes, risk and controls operating within the front to back processes supporting Client Service Resilience (BCM, CM and OCIR) that takes account of the moving regulatory landscape and business practices that is best of industry practice .
- Maintain appropriate frameworks and procedures for monitoring, identifying, assessing and managing Operational & Technology Risks and ICS Risks, in accordance with the ERMF.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Assist in the design, implementation and delivery of effective governance across Group Resilience, ensuring all reasonable steps are being taken to discharge responsibilities in compliance with the Bank&rsquos risk frameworks, standards and best practice guidance.
- Provide input into the SMR Forum and TDR NFRC ensuring accurate and complete risk governance, compliant with the Group standards.
People and Talent
- Display exemplary conduct behaviours as set out by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Work closely with other risk responsible stakeholders/partners developing positive collaborative relationships demonstrating the Groups Values.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global Head Resilience
- Heads, Operational Resilience
- Head, IT Resilience
- Global Business and Regional Chief Operating Officers
- Regional Heads of Operational Resilience
- TDR COO
- CISRO Risk, Policy and Controls
- Group Operational Risk
- Group Internal Audit
- Regulatory bodies for Resilience
- Professional Business Continuity associations / companies
- Counterparts and peers in other Financial Institutions and related organisations
Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Degree level in a related field and professional accreditation with a related industry body:
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Management of Risk Practitioner (MoR)
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
- BCM ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Certified Business Resilience Manager (CBRM)
- Certificate of the Business Continuity Institute (CBCI)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.