Job Description :
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
We are looking to bring in a Senior Java/Spark Big Data Developerin the Enterprise Data Services team under Enterprise Operations and Technology, to help the implementation of next generation Data Platform using cutting edge Data Management Technologies. The Candidate is required to possess relevant design and development experience in the Big Data Eco-System and should be a strong team player. Exposure to Finance OR Risk Functions on the Retail Banking products or Wholesale/Investment banking is preferred. This is a significant opportunity for an experienced developer with experience in modern data platforms to move into a role working with a variety of development teams, including close collaboration with an on-site Data Governance team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have proven experience in development of solutions/platforms for Financial markets environment. It is expected that you will have superior technical knowledge of current programming languages, technologies and other leading edge development tools
What we offer :
• Be a part of development team to develop, enhance, support and maintain solutions for GFTS Data Services applications.
• Participate in technical discussions/brainstorming sessions and define ideas and strategies for existing and future platforms
• Gain exposure to Wholesale, Retail business across data, risk and finance
• Work across diverse set of data platforms and have an opportunity to be part of re-architecture and re-platforming initiatives on modern Big Data technologies
GFTS Data Services platform is a global Data Repository of Contracts, Position and Balances for all of Citi’s assets and liability. This data repository is build on Enterprise Data Standards and anchored to the financials, for the use of Finance and Risk; regulatory and management reporting. The team is working on an exciting modernization and simplification program, aligned with latest technologies. GFTS Data Services is building a sophisticated next generation Data solution.The Pune team is the global center for the creation of API-based, Event Driven platform using cutting edge technologies and techniques.
The volume and variety of data involved in these Finance and Risk Functions results in one of most challenging and appropriate use cases for big data technologies.
The specific team you will be joining is responsible for developing and maintaining solutions related to Data Quality platform for GFTS Data Services. This team will be focusing on rule base validation engine, ETL layer build out and rule repository, with provisioning of API based on-demand platform.
• Develop java based high throughput data intensive applications to serve function of data integration, data consumption and data generation
•Develop robust Data Quality core framework for measurement
• Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
• Requirement analysis including interaction with Business Users
• Help build continuous integration environment
• Perform Unit Testing, System Testing for all applications developed / enhancements and ensure that all critical and high-severity bugs are addressed.
• Engage in end to end system design and development processes
• As and when required, work on BAU development requests
• Ensure that application development and enhancement is in line with Citi’s Coding Standards.
• Partners with multiple Technology teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; identifies and defines necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process enhancements.
• Solves / works a variety of high impact, high-profile problems / projects with considerable business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes and industry standards.
• Provides expertise in area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of applications programming.
• Develops standards for coding, testing, debugging and implementation.
• Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery.
• Responsible for applications systems analysis and programming activities.
Must Have Skills
• Strong Core Java / Scala working experience
• Strong Experience in Big data technologies like Apache Spark, HDFS, Hive, Hbase
• Working experience with Any Hadoop Distribution- Cloudera/Hortonworks
• Comfortable working with large data volumes and be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of logical data structures and analysis techniques
• Experienced with Linux/Unix platform
• Experience in RDMS and No SQL databases
• Experience in Service oriented architecture, and data standards like JSON, Avro, Parquet
• Experience using ALM and CICD tools like Bitbucket, TFS, Jenkins, uDeploy, BMC RLM or related tools in an agile methodology.
• Experience in SCMs like GIT; and tools like JIRA
• Experienced with automated build and test processes
• Able to demonstrate an expertise in identifying and resolving data quality issues – in data sets at rest and in flight
• Familiar with the financial services industry and/or regulatory environments
• Capable of assisting with the design of solutions and mentoring other developers within the same team
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Ability to work as part of team and independently
• Interpersonal skills to interact with team members and clients
• Prior experience working with remote teams
• Candidate should be willing to work extended hours in order to interact with global partners/teams or as per project demand.
Good to have
• Kafka or other equivalent messaging services
• Exposure on Public Cloud- GCP/AWS/Azure
• Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
• Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family:Applications Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ('Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the '' poster. View the .
View the .