Fundraising Specialist (Retention)
Job no: 523581
Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Alliances and Resource Mobilization, Communication / External Relations, Private Fundraising and Partnerships, NO-3
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- Development and oversight of effective donor retention strategies across channels, utilizing and maximizing a variety of fundraising techniques to drive monthly pledge donor acquisition and donor lifetime value maximization to achieve budgeted targets and net income. This includes scoping and testing of new tactics and initiatives as well as analysing and evaluating individual fundraising opportunities with the objective of identifying new additional, sustainable income maximization opportunities and diversifying retention activity.
- Source and manage agencies, contractors and suppliers engaged to support the donor retention program ensuring that they perform at high standards. This includes briefing, and motivation of outsourced staff or others representing UNICEF such as telemarketers. Drive performance in order to ensure deliverables are met.
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external partners to ensure appropriate management of acquisition to maximize results. This includes the strategy and briefing of donor communications to both pledge and one time donors.
- Manage strategy for mid-level donor program to engage donors with a capacity to provide a higher level of support.
- Enhance Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) efficiency and effectiveness through monitoring of inputs, local conditions and resources, and campaign implementation status.
- Strategic development and oversight of investment fund applications, monitoring fund utilization and prepare required reporting in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage the analysis of collected donor data and information and preparation of monitoring progress reports; draft changes in PFP work plans relevant to retaining individual monthly pledge and one-time donors and the identification of required budget, supplies and equipment.
- Oversee other project documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action, especially in agreed strategic plan which ensures maximum effectiveness of fund availability from new donors as well as maximum diversification of risks.
- Supervise, oversee and monitor Officer(s), Assistant(s) and/or consultants(s).
Impact of Results
(a) Describe the type of decisions regularly made and the impact of those decisions.
The incumbent shall function within the rules and regulations. Decisions involving deviation from them requires consultation with and guidance from the supervisor.
Briefing of and coordination with contractors and suppliers shall be based on the agreed upon direction, conditions and objectives.
Decides on how to optimally implement the budget assigned for acquisition activities to get a healthy RoI.
(b) Describe the type of recommendations regularly made and why these are important.
Recommends best mix of Donor Care methods for the country to achieve desired results.
Recommends solutions to unforeseen problems that may arise based on statistical, trends and historical analyses.
These recommendations contribute to effectiveness and efficiency of the fundraising strategy and plans.
(c) Describe the most damaging error(s) that could be made in the work and the consequences they would have.
Lack of understanding of UNICEF’s needs and fundraising guidelines and an incorrect approach would lead to ineffectiveness of fundraising delivery and misuse of financial resources. Ineffective coordination and management of suppliers can result in delays and impact IFR fundraising revenue. It may also impact relationships with suppliers, and subsequently UNICEF’s reputation.
Competencies and level of proficiency required:
- Core Values:
- Communication (III)
- Working with People (II)
- Drive for Results (III)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Relating and Networking (II)
- Persuading and Influencing (II)
- Entrepreneurial Thinking (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (II)
Advanced (Master's) University degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration or closely related fields is required.
- Five years of relevant professional work experience in retaining and engaging with individual customers/donors through managing various channels and suppliers. Experience in managing Direct Mail and Telemarketing and preferred. Fundraising experience will be a preference.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a nonsmoking working environment.
- For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below: - http://unicef.in/