Fundraising Specialist (Business Intelligence)
Job no: 523569
Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Alliances and Resource Mobilization, Communication / External Relations, Private Fundraising and Partnerships, NO-3
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
Impact of Results:
- Manage, oversee and perform data analysis and reporting and other relevant activities in support of optimizing fundraising opportunities and income, including making recommendations based on the results of ongoing analysis
- Manage and revise as necessary the standard operating procedures for donation processing and donor database management
- Maintain database integrity by managing the integrity of donor and donation payment data and ongoing development and implementation of the CRM.
- Work closely with individual fundraising colleagues across donor acquisition, digital, direct response television and retention to support optimization and drive strategic decisions across the team.
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external partners to ensure appropriate management and security of donor information. This includes working with colleagues in UNCIEF HQ to ensure global systems and processes are meeting the local needs of the fundraising program in India.
- Enhance Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) efficiency and effectiveness through weekly monitoring of inputs, local conditions and resources, and campaign implementation status.
- Strategic development and oversight of investment fund applications across the Individual Fundraising team, monitoring fund utilization and prepare required reporting in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage and perform the analysis of collected donor data and information and preparation of monitoring progress reports; draft changes in PFP work plans relevant to acquiring individual donors and the identification of required budget, supplies and equipment.
- Oversee other project documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action, especially in agreed strategic plan which ensures maximum effectiveness of fund availability from new donors as well as maximum diversification of risks.
- Supervise, oversee and monitor Officer(s), Assistant(s) and/or consultants(s).
- (a) Describe the type of decisions regularly made and the impact of those decisions.
- The incumbent shall function within the rules and regulations. Decisions involving deviation from them requires consultation with and guidance from the supervisor. Briefing of and coordination with contractors and suppliers shall be based on the agreed upon direction, conditions and objectives.
- (b) Describe the type of recommendations regularly made and why these are important.
- The incumbent is expected to provide to the supervisor recommendations on alternatives and ways within the framework of the organization’s established rules and regulations to improve the function under his/her responsibility for better effectiveness and efficiency of the unit and the office.
- (c) Describe the most damaging error(s) that could be made in the work and the consequences they would have.
- Lack of understanding of UNICEF’s needs and fundraising guidelines and an incorrect approach would lead to ineffectiveness of fundraising delivery and misuse of financial resources. Ineffective coordination and management of data management, analysis and suppliers can result in delays and impact IFR fundraising revenue. It may also impact relationships with suppliers, and subsequently UNICEF’s reputation.
- Competencies and level of proficiency required:
Working with People (II)
Drive for Results (III)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (II)
- Following Instructions & Procedures (II)
- Planning and Organizing (II)
Advanced (Masters) university degree in Marketing, Business Administration or closely related fields is required.
Five years of relevant experience in the field of business intelligence and data analysis, data management, and process management. Preferably in a fundraising environment. Experience with Sales force or other donor management systems will be a preference. Language Requirements:
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset. Remarks:
- Selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a nonsmoking working environment.
- For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below: - http://unicef.in/