Fundraising Officer (Telemarketing)
Job no: 523568
Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Alliances and Resource Mobilization, Communication / External Relations, Private Fundraising and Partnerships, NO-2
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
1. Develop and implement effective acquisition strategies across channels, utilizing and maximizing a variety of telemarketing fundraising techniques to drive new pledge donors and convert leads to meet the agreed targets and net income. This includes scoping and testing of new telemarketing channels and initiatives as well as analyzing and evaluating individual fundraising opportunities with the objective of identifying new additional, sustainable high-volume income streams and diversifying telemarketing acquisition activity.
2. Source, manage and provide operational support to agencies, contractors and suppliers engaged to support the donor acquisition program ensuring that they perform at high standards. This includes briefing, training and motivation of outsourced staff or others representing UNICEF such as telemarketers. Evaluate their performance in order to ensure deliverables are met.
3. Collaborate with relevant internal and external partners to ensure appropriate management of telemarketing acquisition to maximize results.
4. Support the development and nurturing of partnerships with corporates, media companies and other business supporting acquisition activities, including those providing pathways to pledge.
5. Enhance Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) efficiency and effectiveness through monitoring of inputs, local conditions and resources, and campaign implementation status.
6. Develop investment fund applications, monitor fund utilization and prepare required reporting in a timely and effective manner.
7. Analyze collected data and information and prepare monitoring progress reports; draft changes in PFP work plans relevant to acquiring individual donors through telemarketing tactics and assist in the identification of required budget, supplies and equipment as well as in the drafting of other project documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action, especially in agreed strategic plan which ensures maximum effectiveness of fund availability from new donors as well as maximum diversification of risks.
8. Provide technical assistance for customer support which includes but not limited to on responses to prospecting donor inquiries via mail, email, phone, social media, etc. and perform other related tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
9. Supervise, oversee and monitor assistant(s) and/or consultants(s).
Impact of Results:
(a) Describe the type of decisions regularly made and the impact of those decisions.
The incumbent shall function within the rules and regulations. Decisions involving deviation from them requires consultation with and guidance from the supervisor. Briefing of and coordination with contractors and suppliers shall be based on the agreed upon direction, conditions and objectives.
Decides on how to optimally implement the budget assigned for acquisition activities to get a healthy RoI.
(b) Describe the type of recommendations regularly made and why these are important.
Recommends best mix of Donor Acquisition methods for the country to achieve desired results.
Recommends solutions to unforeseen that may arise based on statistical, trends and historical analyses.
These recommendations contribute to effectiveness and efficiency of the fundraising strategy and plans.
(c) Describe the most damaging error(s) that could be made in the work and the consequences they would have.
Lack of understanding of UNICEF’s needs and fundraising guidelines and an incorrect approach would lead to ineffectiveness of fundraising delivery and misuse of financial resources. Ineffective coordination and management of suppliers can result in delays and impact IFR fundraising revenue. It may also impact relationships with suppliers, and subsequently UNICEF’s reputation.
Competencies and level of proficiency required:
- Core Values:
- Communication (II)
- Working with People (II)
- Drive for Results (II)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts (I)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (II)
- Planning and Organizing (II)
- Learning & Researching (II)
A university degree in Marketing, Business Administration or closely related fields is required.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience in acquiring new individual customers/donors through managing various channels and suppliers. Experience in managing outbound and inbound Telemarketing. Fundraising experience will be a preference.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a nonsmoking working environment.
- For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below: - http://unicef.in/