Our client is a leading global provider of asset and wealth management solutions. They provide investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high- net-worth families create and manage wealth.
This team is currently seeking Fund Accounting Supervisor to join our team in Gurgaon
Roles and Responsibilities
• You will act as an intermediary between the funds and their investment managers and serve as the official record keeper for the funds.
• Prepare monthly financial reporting package for the Hedge Funds, including the determination of Net Asset Value and prepare the Statement of Asset and Liabilities and Profit and Loss Statement
• Ensuring fund income and expenses, including management and performance fees, are accrued for and are in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
• Accurate and timely processing of all capital activities including subscriptions, redemptions, transfers, rollups, capital commitments and calls.
• Derive pricing for portfolio investments. Updating status reports.
• Cash Management-managing the daily cash flow of trades and monitoring fund cash-flows. Process incoming and outgoing cash movements related to capital activity
• Reporting-preparing bespoke reports to address client requests.
• Independently complete cash, portfolio and capital reconciliations and investigate and resolve any discrepancies
• Creation and maintenance of investor information including payment models and contacts.
• Preparation of Investor and Client reports including Audit confirmations, Trade confirmations etc
• You are responsible to communicate the transactions associated with the fund(s) and work closely with internal and external clients to provide accurate and thorough accounting packages.
• You will correspond with external investment managers regarding day-to-day fund inquiries including entering security trades, fee payments, cash position breaks, and reconciliations. Client engagement and a dedication to quality service is a must for success.
• Act as a point of escalation to the client
Requirements for this role include:
• Minimum 5+ year(s) of experience in the financial services industry that required a working knowledge of financial instruments (equities, fixed income, and derivatives), operation of capital markets, life cycle of trades, and reconciliation.
• Complete procedural knowledge of fund accounting is a must. Trade Booking, Cash reporting, Exceptions analyzing, reconciliation of assets and cash, Post pricing issues etc.
• Minimum 5+ year(s) of experience using MS-Excel that required you to use Advanced Formulas, Tables & Formatting, Conditional Formatting, Advanced Charting, Pivot tables & Pivot Reporting.
• Minimum 5+ year(s) of experience in a service-oriented role where you had to correspond in writing or over the phone with external customers.
• Ability to mediate issues and manage conflicts and has a team managing experience
• Any financial certification will be an added advantage
• Should be able to handle pressure
• Flexible to work in multiple shifts (Shift starts after 5pm).
• University degree or equivalent that required 3+ years of formal studies of Finance/Accounting principles
• A drive to broaden one’s knowledge of the financial services industry by learning new concepts and systems and taking the
initiative to apply it to daily work assignments.
• Attention-to-detail to ensure that all deliverables consistently meet the highest standard of quality and accuracy.
• Positivity and collegial approach in assisting both colleagues and clients and the ability to work in team environment.
• Curiosity, critical thinking and attention to detail: Whether it’s to identify a solution to a problem or possibly help
implement a more efficient process or procedure, your skills have a place in our business.