Job Description :Engineering Project Management
Our Engineering Project Management professionals lead cross-functional product design and development teams to create and introduce game-changing new products and solutions with a global remit. The role focuses on the complete lifecycle, ensuring each offering provides the right features, experience, quality, schedule, cost, continuity of supply, service capability, and financials. The responsibilities span plan, develop, launch, and sustain phases, and consist in driving all aspects of our programs across global development centers and multiple lines of business. It is a fascinating and incredibly varied area.
Join us as an Engineering Project Manager at Dell Technologies in Santa Clara, CA, to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.What you'll achieve
As an Engineering Project Manager (ePM), you will have the opportunity to work with Dell Technologies experienced Engineering and Product Management Teams on a broad range of products, projects, and initiatives that will directly impact our company's velocity, agility, and time to market.
As ePM, you will play a significant role in building team consensus, establishing scope, defining schedules, managing budgets, coordinating project interlocks with Internal and External Partners, executing on releases, and implementing positive change. In this role, you will also facilitate and communicate project goals and objectives, including cost, schedule, resource management, technical performance, to our executive management and leadership teams.Your Responsibilities:
- Drive program schedule and content commitments between Engineering, Product Management, and Internal and External stakeholders.
- Plan, coordinate program objectives and planning activities with relevant and geographically distributed stakeholders for phase gate exits.
- Meet budget objectives by forecasting requirements, planning procurement activities, and analyzing variances.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Identify and resolve risks, dependencies, and scope changes.
- Work with internal and external contributors to track and report on the status to executive leadership and management teams.
- Maintain engagement with technical and business stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Build a team environment of collaboration, cooperation, and open communication.
.Take the first step towards your dream career
.Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:Essential Requirements:
- Strong understanding of program management, phase/gate, and tools.
- Educational background with BS or master's in business or Computer science.
- 5+ years of program management experience with technical integrated programs and global cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Jira, and Confluence.
- Must be a self-starter, collaborative and robust team player.
Here's our story now tell us yours
- PMI Certification a plus
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio forthe data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and ourplanto make the world a better place by 2030 .Application closing date:
July 15th, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy