Position OverviewRole Description
As an Oracle software engineer you will work on designing, developing, and delivering engineering solutions together with the rest of the team. You will work directly with the business to understand their requirements. You will also participate in maintaining and improve existing processes.What we'll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
Your key responsibilities
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Maintenance and further development of the GVOR and SIMS applications. This includes the Oracle databases the data loading processes (ETL) and the data supply to the reporting data marts (Data Vault).
Upgrade of the platform to state of the art technologies. E.g., the migration to the Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery), integration with REST APIs and a self-service portal (Storefront), Micro Services, Event Driven / Streaming architecture (Kafka/StreamSets), CI/CD (SDLC pipeline) etc.
Close cooperation with the DWS Architecture.Your skills and experience
How we'll support you
- Educated to a master's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, business information technology or equivalent
- Relevant professional experience in the field of relational databases, especially the development with Oracle PL / SQL
- Very good knowledge of an ETL tool (Informatica) and / or a reporting tool (Cognos) is desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Very good written and spoken English
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
The SIMS/GVOR team is responsible for the maintenance and further development of the SIMS and GVOR database applications for DWS Finance. The core of the application is an Oracle data warehouse that produces KPIs for the DWS financial reporting.
The team consists of four internal employees located in Frankfurt, all of which are currently mostly working from home.
The DWS functional role framework enables flat hierarchies and direct communication.
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.