Position OverviewJobTitle:Lead EngineerCorporateTitle:Assistant Vice President
Technology underpins Deutsche Bank's entire business and is changing and shaping the way we engage, interact and transact with all our stakeholders, both internally and externally. Our Technology, Data and Innovation (TDI) strategy is focused on strengthening engineering expertise, introducing an agile delivery model, as well as modernising the bank's IT infrastructure with long-term investments and taking advantage of cloud computing.But this is only the foundation. We continue to invest and build a team of visionary tech talentwhowill ensure we thrive in this period of unprecedented change for the industry.Itmeans hiring the right people and giving them the training, freedom and opportunity they need to do pioneering work.
We are seeking aLead Engineerto work in the Transaction Monitoring and Data Controls team.
You willbe hands on technical engineer withinour delivery pods and deliver software solutions. As lead engineerlead you willdesign software architecture and implement complex solutions, drivingre-useand best practices. You will contribute to strategic design decisions and define engineering approaches that can be disruptive, with the goals of simplifying architectures, reducing technical debt.What we'll offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days volunteering leave per year.
Your skills and experience:
- Leveraging best practices - Build Data Driven Decisions
- Definingand buildingapplication architectures for re-platform or re-architect strategies and implement blueprints and patterns for common application architectures.
- Collaborationacross the TDI areas such as Cloud Platform, Security, Data, Risk&Compliance areasto create optimum solutions for the business, increasing re-use, creating best practice and sharing knowledge.
- Drivingoptimisationsin SDLC processtoprovide productivity improvements, including tools and techniques.
- Enablingthe adoption of practices such as SRE andDev/SecOpsto minimise toil and manual tasks and increase automation and stability.
- Experience of leading a section of a development squad to deliver effective and efficient business solutions.
- Full experience of all Agile software development frameworks and processes.
- Technical architecture and software design.
- You will be ahands-onengineer, focused on building working examples and reference implementations in code.
- Deep professional expertise in Java/Scala, Python/pySpark, Docker, Kubernetes, automated testing for Data driven projects
- Sound knowledge of BigData technologies - Hive, Impala, Spark, BigQuery
- Ability to write high-performing & efficient SQL and optimize/simplify existing queries
- You have experience inimplementing applications ontocloud platforms (Azure, AWS or GCP)and usage of their major components (Software Defined Networks, IAM, Compute, Storage, etc.) in order todefinecloud nativeapplication architecturessuch asMicroservices, Service Mesh or Data Streaming applications.
- You would adopt anautomation-first approaches totesting,deployment, security and compliance of solutions through Infrastructure as Code and automated policy enforcement.
How we'll support you:
- You enjoy supporting our community of engineersand creates opportunities for progression, promotingcontinuous learning and skills development.
About us and our teams:
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.