Job Description :
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job DescriptionAbout WF I & P
WFIP enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WFIP operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WFIP at our International Careers website.Department Overview
Wholesale Financial Crimes Operations caters to Onboarding of New to Bank Customers in Wholesale banking domain. Team also has Periodic Review, Data Quality Exceptions and
Quality Check Capabilities in Wells Fargo India Financial Crimes operations. Financial Crimes
Onboarding Team Conducts Know your Customer (KYC) Compliance process for Wholesale Banking Line of business processes in line with the requirements of the USA Patriot Act as well as Wells Fargo corporate AML / BSA policy requirements. Is Responsible for assisting with the
implementation and monitoring of a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with
federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements. Reviews Customer Due Diligence
information for accuracy and investigate discrepancies and Interacts with compliance
representatives to assess potential unusual activity. Financial Crimes QC Team - Conducts QC
reviews on Know Your Customer (KYC) Onboarding activity, Monitoring and Surveillance activity, and other financial crimes related activities and processes to ensure compliance
with both the USA Patriot Act as well as Wells Fargo Corporate AML/BSA policy requirements. -
Analyzes risks or errors and communicate negative findings to relevant Financial Crimes
partner for rectification. Periodic Review Team Performs KYC Refresh Activity for Wholesale
banking customers. Data Quality Exceptions Team Reviews and resolves Core data element
exceptions to ensure Customer data is consistent with Wholesale and enterprise data standard.
This position will be working with the Financial Crimes Operations group. Lead the WFI Financial Crimes Operations teams that are responsible for execution and implementation of due diligence programs, processes and controls to identify, assess, and mitigate risk.
- Manages and directs teams on execution of activities associated with conducting reviews of bank customers, related parties and/or transactions presenting high degree of complexity and risk to determine appropriateness for Wells Fargo.
- Oversees the implementation of procedures, controls, analytics and trend analysis to ensure comprehensive research and background investigations, experise in data collection and sourcing as well as thorough documentation.
- Establishes performance standards, evaluates performance, and trains/coaches staff. Develops/assists in developing training materials.
- Oversee work assignment for Due Diligence Leads. Provide status updates to Management specific to On-baording, DQE, Quality Control & Periodic Review Refresh and other ad-hoc CDD activities.
- Builds strong relationships with corporate, business heads, Legal, Audit, regulators, and industry partners regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs. Ensure all review results are stored in standard formats.
- Leads initiatives that cross multiple lines of business in scope with significant impact/risk.
- Manages relationships and communications with Due Diligence Partners on stateside and explore other areas that the team at WFIP can extend the support.
- Assist as needed with examinations and/or audits.
Chartered accountants/MBA Finance or equivalent is preferred
Market Skills and Certifications
Skills and Certifications:
- Strong in-depth working knowledge of BSA/AML programs including all aspects of KYC and Periodic Review / or other related risk and regulatory disciplines.
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management and functional groups.
- Proven leadership, exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously.
- 18 + years of experience in risk management, client service, operations support, or business process management, of which, 10+ years must include direct experience in risk management.
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in business, finance or economics.
- Experience in Operational risk management processes and/or compliance and / or audit and / or regulatory programs with KYC Duties.
- AML/Sanctions Credential, ACAMS, CFE or CRCM designation.
- Exposure to regulatory controls in a financial services environment.
Chartered accountants/MBA Finance or equivalent is preferred
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 65057