1) Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies/tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
2) Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
3) Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
4) Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
5) Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
6) Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
7) Design scale or full- blueprints of specialty items, such as furniture and automobile body or chassis components.
8) Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
9) Draw freehand sketches of designs, trace finished drawings onto designated paper for the reproduction of blueprints, and reproduce working drawings on copy machines.
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content