We obsess over customer delight.
Tata CLiQ is the flagship digital commerce initiative of the Tata Group. It is a multi-category e-commerce platform, operating across categories such as Fashion, Footwear and Accessories, Electronics, and Luxury. It has a unique omnichannel marketplace model offering customers the convenience of quicker delivery (by shipping from store), easy pick-up and returns, across 1,200+ brands and 1,000 stores in 100+ Indian towns and cities. It is also India-s definitive destination for exclusive Fashion and Electronics brands.
We are out there to find an alternate way of doing e-commerce.
We carry an attitude to develop a culture of learning and continuous improvement, both for people and processes.
We believe in Uncomfortable Transparency.
We will always be respectful, empathetic, and caring about the well-being of our teams.
we encourage experiments and creativity in Technology.
We develop and use technology to enhance day-to-day life and have a positive impact on customers.
We encourage experiments and creativity in Technology.
We are committed to strengthening diversity, equity, and inclusion at the workplace through an enabling environment, supportive work-life policies for employees, and a culture that welcomes differences and creates a sense of belonging. We strive to create a work environment where all employees can develop and grow to achieve their full potential. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining respect and dignity for all'
1. KEY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB:
Director of Program/Projects is accountable for the global program delivery framework and consistent agile program management execution, quality, monitoring & application stability for Tata CliQ.
Director of Program will identify, evaluate, institutionalize detailed & thorough program planning, strategic program management best practices, on time, best quality delivery and customer value enrichment opportunities that significantly drive end customer value, stakeholder satisfaction, the overall process, metric improvement in concept to delivery and postproduction release Management.
Takes complete ownership of all program deliveries across various stages from the concept till production release and ensures different constraints & risks are handled without impacting timeline, quality, and production stability. Owns provisioning of all necessary resources required for the Program including Resources, Environment, Infra & Partner Engagement/Onboarding.
He will build and recruit a program management organizational structure that aligns with the overall org business strategy, ambition, and growth.
Build positive, trusting relationships through consistent, on-time delivery of commitments and effective communication with Senior/Executive Leadership & business stakeholders.
1. Will be the owner of Overall (end-to-end) Program/Initiative Plans, Release plans, Sprint Level plans, dependency identification/delegation (Tracking), risks & issues for the Funnel/Product governed & owned.
2. Will set regular cadence with Scrum Masters/Program Managers and/or Technical Program Manager to review programs, milestones, progress, metrics, success criteria, resources allocation.
1. Identify staffing & skill needs at a different points in time for different Programs, Initiatives with ramp & Ramp down plan and own recruitment for the same.
2. Work with Program managers, TPM, hiring partners to plan, review & staff the positions.
3. Personnel management of day-to-day responsibilities, team dynamics, mentorship, etc.
4. Accurate & timely billing, reporting and ongoing analysis of concurrent active initiatives, features, products.
1. Owns communication to Senior Leadership on various initiatives health and progress.
2. Will own all communication with internal/external stakeholders/function leaders and will be the point of contact for escalations to mitigate (planning/replanning) risks and issues.
3. Support scoping, estimation, planning, and governance exercises with Scrum Masters/Program Managers & Technical Program Managers.
4. Drives accountability with the partners through continuous engagement and metrics.
5. Create, maintain, and evolve Agile development, delivery methodology leveraging industry best practices to ensure best in class product releases. Mentoring, guiding the team to adopt an agile mindset, best practices.
6. Leads coordination within and across Product & Business teams & Engineering teams to track & manage Delivery, dependencies across teams.
7. Reports progress, impediments and take measures to resolve the same.
1. Overall accountability of MVP/RVP (agreed scope), schedule, quality, execution, delivery and postproduction stability of Product Features, Initiatives within the Funnel.
2. Accountable for all Feature Delivery/ Platform Support and driving multiple product teams, which are involved in the program.
3. Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams for conceptualization, technical solutions, best execution strategy, issue resolution (dev issues, production issues).
4. Develop tools and processes to improve team productivity across all teams within the portfolio.
5. Accountable for recruiting, scaling the funnel teams according to concurrent growth forecasts & volume of work.
6. Accountable for onboarding and training Scrum Masters, Program managers on all program management best practices.
7. Principles including action item registers, RAID management, backlog health, managing delivery and closure of all requirements (DoD), defects and product enhancements on all initiatives through JIRA, accurate resource allocation management, and daily maintenance of plans and milestones.
8. Support organizational and program manager - staffing based on customer needs (communicating, managing, executing) including resource estimations, report generation, utilization, and forecasts.
9. Day-to-day metrics review, performance gauge ensuring org targeted KPIs are met at all levels.
10. Accountable for initiative closure activities, reports and documentation of lessons learned.
11. Handle customer, business escalations related to deliver quality, timeline or spend, scope misalignment and internal staffing decisions, etc.
Owns Postproduction release Management & resolves production issues (major, minor) till stabilisation is achieved.
2. MAJOR DELIVERABLES:
1) Ensure detailed program/MVP plans are available for all programs/initiatives/features under the portfolio.
2) Review & correct translate Program plan into Progressive Program plan for Product/Funnel Initiatives. Ensure advanced Sprint Plan along with dependency planning & scheduling across product lines leveraging RVPs (Release viable product), MVPs (Minimum viable product) and plan for delivery/launch milestones within each RVP, and associated success criteria are available.
3) Owns Program plans/cost & execution, releases across Product/Funnel, across multiple sprints.
4) Owns Plan for Overall Program capacity, Sprint Capacity, and loading.
5) Owns Risk Mitigation & Contingency Plans across all programs within the portfolio.
1) Owns overall management & program tracking/execution closely, in line with Plans/milestones.
2) Approve & manage resource allocation & re-allocation in line with Progress & contingencies.
3) Ensure Teams are following Agile practices while Execution and stick to Release & Sprint Plans.
4) Devise evaluation strategies to monitor program performance, enhance efficiency, productivity and determine the need for process/execution improvements
5) Drive actions through report/data analysis of progress/issues/metrics to improve velocity & quality.
6) Ensure Platform stability - By Enabling Prioritised Focus on Production Issues and Development Quality.
7) Work with partners to ensure availability of the resources (time, money, equipment, etc).
8) Review schedule/risks with senior management and all other staff that will be impacted by the Program activities, own & report Plan/Re-Plans with reasons.
9) Ensuring that products/features/programs are delivered on time and within budget.
1) Engage partner account heads to minimize delivery risks and address key issues & Metrics
2) Engage partner resources through retrospectives & other tools to provision for constant improvements.
3) Audit vendor timesheets and resource allocations regularly to identify outliers.
4) Act as a bridge among business users, product managers and vendors.
Reporting & controls
1) Ensure timely reporting & review of Features/Initiatives:
a. Program (Multiple Scrum Teams involved in the Program): Program - Feature Burndown, Program Velocity, Program Capacity.
b. Committed Vs Completed, Milestone release Status
c. Risk Register, Issue Log, Dependency log, RAID Status
d. Cycle Time, Cumulative Flow Chart, Schedule variance
e. WSR (Weekly Status Report), Monthly Status Report with RAG (Red, Amber, Green) status
f. Program Team Attendance, Performance Report (Bi-weekly/Monthly)
2) Keep senior management & business users informed with detailed & accurate reports or presentations.
3) Monitor and control all budgeted Program expenditures
4) Aid the finance team on audit queries.
1) Overall Experience 15 - 19 Yrs with 2+ Yrs in the role of Program Director or Head of Projects.
2) 5+ Yrs of Relevant experience as Sr. Technical Program/Technical Program Manager and should have managed 5 to 7 Big ticket Program/Project/Initiative (multi-application, multi-vendor, multi-stakeholder, 6 months to 1-year duration).
3) 4+ Yrs Experience in planning for product development, delivery, life cycle management.
4) Executed Program in Scrum for 3 to 4 Yrs
5) Experience as a Project Manager for 3 to 4 Yrs, before Agile Adoption.
6) Experience as Tech Developer, Technical Lead is an Additional Plus
7) Technology Areas: Microservices, Spring boot, Spring MVC, Go, MySQL, No-SQL, J2EE, .Net.
8) Managed Technology (Front-End & Back-End) Development of Products/Initiatives.
9) Any of PMP, APMP, Prince2, P30, CSM, PMI-ACP, AgilePgM®, SAFe 5.0 are desirable
10) Thorough understanding of execution methodologies (e.g., waterfall and agile delivery models).
11) Hands-on experience in budgeting, forecasting, cost projections, and budgeting.
12) Experience in data analysis, reporting, performance evaluation techniques, key metrics.
13) Effective communicator, Problem solver, Organizer setting priorities, work schedule, progress tracking.
14) Excellence in organizational, leadership skills, talent, and performance management.
15) Working knowledge of program management software (e.g., Basecamp, MS Project, etc.).
16) Proven skills & knowledge of Tools like Jira/TFS, Confluence, MS Project, MS Excel, PPT.
The opportunities we have are perfect for highly motivated and talented candidates.
We are looking for candidates who have a strong passion for customers, a high level of comfort with uncomfortable transparency, and a keen sense of ownership and drive to deliver results.
So QUiQ - PiQ - CliQ before the opportunity is missed.