JOB TITLE: Director of Biostatistics
JOB GROUP: Statistician
DEPARTMENT: Biostatistics (India)
REPORTS TO: President (India) And Vice President (global)
The Director of Biostatistics will have several years of leadership level experience in managing people and projects, interacting with clients, and work experience as a Biostatistician developing protocols, writing statistical analysis plans, performing statistical analyses, generating statistical and clinical study reports, overseeing the development and implementation of data management and programming work plans and interacting with project staff and management. The primary role is to lead the Biostatistics and Statistical Programming team in India and provide sound strategic, scientific and statistical leadership to the division for clinical trial programs from pre-clinical to Phase IV studies.
• Provides sound strategic, scientific and statistical leadership to the division for clinical trial programs from pre-clinical to Phase IV studies.
• Interacts regularly with external clients and various groups within India, Canada, and USA in the execution of clinical research statistical activities domestically and abroad.
• Represents the company at meetings of clinical investigators, Data and Safety Monitoring Committees, and DCGI or other regulatory meetings. Meeting locations are determined by the client and may require travel outside Bangalore.
• Develops efficient workflow processes within statistical team and between statistical team and other functional groups including Data Management, Pharmacovigilance, Site Monitors (CRAs), IT, and Regulatory.
• Contributes to business development and securing new clients
• Provides data on productivity, quality and timelines regularly to Senior Management
Oversees and provides statistical support for clinical research activities including those related to the development of clinical trial protocols, data management strategies, medical monitoring, quality assurance functions and regulatory filings.
• Ensures the scientific integrity of the clinical studies and the accuracy of the reported results.
• Establishes operational objectives and assignments and provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
• Mentors staff on statistical and statistical programming tasks and helps staff gain management and leadership level experience.
• Leads the team's development of study analysis plans and statistical programs to perform analyses and display study data.
• Makes hiring decisions and conducts performance reviews for statistical staff.
• Manages resource utilization and budgets for statistical team.
• Authors the protocol statistical section, incorporating appropriate statistical methods for study design and analysis; and the results sections of the clinical study report and/or scientific publication.
• Fosters innovation in Biostatistics and provides expertise in methodological advances both internally and externally to improve statistical methodologies..
• Participates in the development and updating of Standard Operating Procedures and adheres to corporate standards for documentation and validation of Biostatistics methodologies
EXPERIENCES, COMPETENCIES, EDUCATION
• Requires a Master’s Degree in biostatistics, statistics, epidemiology with a minimum of 10 years related experience or a PhD strongly preferred in biostatistics, statistics, epidemiology or relevant area with 8 years related experience, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated proficiency with statistical methods and applications in clinical research.
• Demonstrates proficiency in statistical programming languages including SAS and R.
• Good knowledge and experience in managing Biostatistics project teams
• Good understanding of GCP principles and other regulatory standards in Clinical Research.
• Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment and a desire to improve skills.
If interested send your CV to s.chatterjeeneugeneinc.com along with your Current CTC, Expected CTC and Notice period