VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating, and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT with multi-cloud, app modernization, digital workspaces, virtual cloud networks and security as fundamental technology platforms. Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. We are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at todayJob Family:
Director, Marketing Shared ServicesRemuneration:
Bonus PlanReports to:
Senior Director, Marketing Strategy & OperationsBased in:
Bangalore, IndiaWhy Choose VMware
VMware streamlines the journey for organizations to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and empower employees to do their best work. All through our solutions across compute, cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace.
Since our founding in 1998, our employees and ecosystem of 75,000 partners have been behind the technology innovations transforming entire industries-from Banking, Healthcare, and Government to Retail, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, and Transportation.
Every day, we work to solve our customers toughest challenges through disruptive technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, machine learning, Kubernetes and more-to define the digital foundation that will accelerate the next wave of innovation.
Read more about us here :
VMware marketing is in the midst of a strategic transformation to support the company's goal of achieving $20B in revenue. This position will play a critical role through driving seamless campaign execution while supporting the evolution of our go to market capabilities. As the Head of Marketing Shared Services, this position will lead the team responsible for driving campaign execution through our Marketing Automation Platform (Marketo) and managing the lead flow processes in the Customer Relationship Management platform (Salesforce). This will include the following responsibilities:
- Define the vision and strategy for the Marketing Shared Service organization to support business goal delivery as VMware transitions to a SaaS business.
- Execute campaigns and events efficiently through Marketo and ensure efficient lead flow through Salesforce.com.
- Drive optimization across systems and processes in close partnership with stakeholders to minimize complexity and maximize agility.
- Ensure processes are designed, documented, and executed to maximize efficiency and business impact.
- Manage, build, and lead a strong team to drive seamless execution today while also evolving to support future state business requirements.
- Work with marketing stakeholders to develop a marketing campaign prioritization framework and align that to a campaign flighting schedule.
- Contribute to the development of the marketing technology roadmap, ensuring capabilities are evaluated and implemented to support future state requirements and marketing goals.
- Partner with the Enterprise Data and Analytics (EDA) team to monitor and maintain data quality and to ensure marketing can accurately report on campaign performance, funnel metrics, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Surface business insights across KPIs and regularly update stakeholders in marketing, sales, and finance on marketing performance.
- Work closely with the privacy team to ensure proper stewardship of VMware consent policy and local laws and regulations.
- 12+ years of experience in Marketing Operations.
- Experience with SaaS marketing preferred.
- Deep subject matter expertise with Marketing Automation Platform management (preferably Adobe Marketo) and Salesforce.
- Proven history of delivering in a fluid business environment.
- Understands E2E customer lifecycle and marketing operations processes.
- Data driven approach and strong analytical skills ability to synthe into recommendations for leadership.
- People management experience, with a passion for managing and developing teams.
- Collaborative team player comfortable with fast-paced environments and rapidly changing priorities.
- A history of performance excellence with a demonstrated ability to balance big-picture thinking with detail-focused execution.
- Strong presentation and presentation design skills.
Joining the Team
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a wide variety of job functions.
- Excellent organizational skills to support juggling many tasks without losing sight of key priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task.
- Highly skilled listener with ability to drive a conversation to clarity.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences - for our customers and for each other.We'd love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via
- E X E C U T I O N: Do It Together
We debate, discuss, and then get things done as One VMware. We check our egos at the door and work together without compromising impact, quality or efficiency.
- P A S S I O N: Challenge the Status Quo
We are fueled by curiosity and the pursuit of the seemingly impossible to continuously make things better for our customers, products and each other.
- I N T E G R I T Y: Build Trust
We say what we do then do what we say. We build and nurture relationships with one another, our customers, partners, shareholders, and community without taking anything for granted.
- C U S T O M E R S: Make It Possible
Our customers are core to our mission. We empower our customers by freeing them from constraints so they can meet their toughest technological challenges. We succeed when they succeed.
- C O M M U N I T Y: Give More
We are all connected. We approach each other with open minds and humble hearts. We serve by dedicating our time, talent, and energy, creating a thriving community together.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.