IS Technical Solution Lead-DevOps is responsible for strategy, plan, design, configuration, and embedding of DevOps practice for key enterprise programs. This includes, but not limited to, establishing configuration management, build automation, implement continuous integration and delivery pipeline, and train the team in DevOps best practices to achieve a continuously deployable system. Additionally, this candidate will provide guidance and subject matter expertise on best practice and industry standards adoption to optimize delivery and deployment lifecycle.
Essential duties & responsibilities: (detailed description)
• Perform activities following Stryker’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) framework and processes
• Define long-term vision of the DevOps implementation and testing architecture of Stryker systems.
• Defines and delivers on capabilities for automation strategy, designs and drives the development automation and testing in a CI/CD environment
• Lead the development of reusable framework and automation tools development for Continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
• Cloud based solution (Azure/AWS) and integration test automation.
• Application and APIs performance test automation using approved tools like Gatling.
• Identify opportunities to improve the systems process flow, performance and technical efficiencies.
• Be able to support the business and recommend/provide holistic solutions that integrate the existing technical standards with the business needs and processes
• Develop and build robust integration with Infrastructure, Security, Governance, Service Delivery, etc.
• Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
• Work with other IS teams along with business teams to deliver business solutions
• Partner with Business Analysts in understanding system requirements and translating into solutions within an application and/or application stack
• Work closely with vendors and partners through the system development lifecycle and provide oversight on deliverables, measure performance against SLA/KPIs, escalate concerns or issues and ensure proper processing of invoices
• Lead and mentor Solution Analysts within the team and provide oversight and guidance.
• Financial focus on delivering activities on budget, leveraging time on value-driven activities and ensuring external resources meet contractual deliverables.
Education & special trainings:
• Bachelor's / master’s degree from an accredited university required in the areas of Computer science, Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent field of technical study preferred.
• Master’s Degree in a Technical field preferred • •
Qualifications & experience:
• Minimum 7-8 years of professional experience required.
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization structure with significant emphasis on collaboration and persuasion, rather than relying entirely on command and control is required.
• Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
• Expertise in code deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, and Chef) and strong command of software-automation production systems (Jenkins and Selenium).
• Working knowledge of Ruby or Python and tools like Git and GitHub.
• Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
• Experience in working with HP ALM, MTM and testing automation tools
• Experience in designing and developing test automation framework using Selenium, UFT or other industry proven testing tool.
• Well versed in implementation of testing best practices such as test data management, end to end testing, business assurance tests etc.
• Strong knowledge of Excel Advanced, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Access DB, MS Project Suite (MPP/Visio/etc.).
• Excellent organizational/communication skills and attention to detail
Physical & mental requirements:
• Demonstrate skill in communicating technical information to varying audiences.
• Execution & Delivery Focus. Ability to understand, interpret and translate emerging trends, future visions and strategies into executable programs and projects that align to the current state architecture and business environment. The incumbent will be results oriented, able to design and deliver rapid solutions for the team.
• Demonstrate ability to work in and deal with ambiguous situations
• Driven and results oriented. He/she will be required to drive results and integrate effectively into the culture. The successful candidate must possess the blend of confidence and humility while driving to achieve results and meeting committed timelines.
• Strong collaboration skills are required. The successful candidate must have the ability to persuade and build consensus cross-functionally to ensure solution designs and requirements are aligned.
• Excellent communication skills. Communication across the enterprise will be important as this team member will often be tasked with working on cross-functional teams as he/she executes large- scale programs and projects. The successful candidate must effectively communicate cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the organization.
• Organization & Strategic Agility. The successful candidate must have a high degree of situational awareness and ability to navigate complex issues and channels to successfully deliver solutions in partnership with business and IT leadership teams.
• High Energy & Stamina. Proven capabilities in persevering through cultural and political hurdles with balanced optimism to drive and deliver on managed service strategies / objectives.