About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department and projects.
- Play an active role in defining and improving the project and the application.
- Understanding of financial markets business &ndash front/middle/back office
- Proven exposure over a number of years of large project/programme involvement in financial markets.
- Deployment automation and monitoring of the application.
- Developing appropriate solutions for the application based on the requirements.
- Enhancing the features of the application based on the requirements.
- Plan coordinate and support changes implementation activities test and Prod environment.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- A Bachelor&rsquos degree in a numerate subject (e.g. science or engineering degree).
- A motivated self-starter with ability to multitask but requires minimal supervision to meet challenging targets.
- Able to operate both independently and as a team player with collaborative attitude.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Maintain high productivity in a fast-paced environment showing effective prioritization skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technical Knowledge
- Experience of developing application backend using Oracle SQL, PLSQL.
- Experience of developing unix / linux shell scripts.
- Strong knowledge on Unix fundamentals.
- Knowledge on banking products like Net reveal Detica is an added advantage.
- Excellent Java knowledge and experience in developing scalable, multi-threaded applications is an added advantage.
- Knowledge on microservice using Java & Spring boot applications is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of dev ops tools like Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, Ansible..
- Understanding of Cloud based deployment strategies and tools like OpenShift, Kubernetes, public cloud.
- Good understanding of OO design principles and patterns.
- Experience with XML technologies (XML, XSLT, Web Services and JAXB)
- UNIX and Windows environment based development experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of hands on experience working as Developer.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.