About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Align with the strategic direction and roadmap for Fraud Management team, align with Business Strategy, ITO Strategy and investment priorities.
- Tap into the vast resources of the organization, including SWIFT Network to learn and understand the latest trends in Payment applications and incorporate in Payment Fraud System, as well as applying and implement the best practice across the Fraud landscape
- Support the Cash operations in leveraging existing technology to streamline the processes, enhance operations productivity, improve operational controls and reduce risk
- Work collaboratively with Cash Business and other technology teams, by taking product programs and requirement from investment decisions into Design, Specifications, Solutioning, Development & Testing, Implementation, and hand-over to operations with BAU supports.
- Ensure the deliverables to business are meeting the following constraints Time, Cost and Quality
- Support respective businesses in growing Return on investment, commercialisation of capabilities, monitoring of usage, improving client experience, enhancing operations and defects resolution & continuous improvement of systems
- Progress towards an ecosystem of innovation and enabling business through technology
People & Talent:
- Responsible for end-to-end deliveries of technology portfolio which comprised of key business product areas in Payment Fraud. Ownership in technology delivery of projects and programs across SCB markets as below:
- Develop/enhance core product capabilities
- Ensure compliance to Regulatory mandates
- Support operational improvements, process efficiencies and zero touch agenda
- Build payments platform to align with latest technology & architecture trends, improved stability and scale
- Interact with Business & Technology leaders of other SCB systems for collaborative delivery.
- Engage and retain good quality talent to ensure technology team is adequately equipped with skilful staff in delivering commitments to business.
- Lead by example and develop appropriate culture and team values. Set feasible expectation to the team and work collaboratively with Risk & Control partners.
- Equip with necessary skills through learning and development
- Ensure optimal blend and balance between in-house and vendor resources
- Proactive in ensuring the Fraud ITO team is always align with risk and control standards
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent, address those risks with well prescribed actions and timeframes, and escalate to relevant committees appropriately when needed
- Balance business delivery among time, cost, quality, risk and controls to ensure those constraints do not impact Group&rsquos ability in maintaining the acceptable risk level
- Ensure advanced planning take place on Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Activities for the entire technology portfolio
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Promote a balance and harmony environment in compliance with internal control function and external regulatory framework
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead tX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Program Manager
- Head Investigations Technology
- Head of PSS
- Head of Business
- Head of Testing
- Minimum 8-12 Years of experience in the Development role.
- Experience as Development Lead role is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge in UNIX shell scripting, Java, SOAP/Rest web service, AWS Technologies, Oracle and Automation scripts like Python
- Technical Knowledge: UNIX shell scripting, Java, SOAP/Rest web service, Oracle 12c / 19c, Automation scripts, Python, IBM MQ, WebSphere, Tomcat, DevOps such as CI/CD, Jenkins
- Ability to work with stakeholders and distributed teams geographically.%5CExcellent communication skills, including verbal and written skills to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels, as well as internally and externally.
- Knowledge on JIRA and Confluence tools are desired
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.