Role ResponsibilitiesJOB SCOPE
The role is for an IT Business within the FM Risk Technology team to own one or more projects within the Risk Strategy Programme from inception through to delivery.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS General Skills
- Understanding the front to back risk business processes allowing for optimal requirements gathering and synergies between projects
- Create, analyse and validate detailed functional specifications based on business requirements.
- Facilitate design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Deliver elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Participate in all phases of testing to provide support as subject matter expert and to ensure smooth rollout of projects.
- Engage with Key stakeholders to prioritize the changes.
- Effective stakeholder management relating to the project, ensuring through both day to day management, and in governance, that project status clearly articulated and timely in its delivery.
- Proactive management of issues and risks pertaining to the project(s) with appropriate escalation where required.
- Ability and confidence to pick-up new Domains and deliver with minimum guidance and supervision
- Proven track record as a project manager with experience of delivering technology change and business change in a risk management function
- Demonstrable evidence of managing a full project life cycle including project initiation, requirements specification, development, test planning, test execution, and post-implementation roll out
- Mindset to constantly look for process improvements
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong analytical capability with close attention to detail.
- Proven track record of solution design and implementation of transaction processing/risk platforms or similar.
- Knowledge and experience of working with relational databases (Oracle)
- Knowledge and experience of working with OLAP database
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture
- Experience of Agile development
- Prior experience of shell scripting in UNIX.
Preferred Domain Knowledge
- Good knowledge of Financial Markets & Products and Credit Risk
Other Preferred Skills
Diversity & Inclusion
- Understanding of financial markets business front/middle/back office
About Standard Chartered
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website