The Role Responsibilities
The Derivatives Transaction Pricing team is responsible for cross-product transactional pricing of derivatives within Standard Chartered. The development team is driven to provide world class technology to support the bank&rsquos Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the domain, a scientific approach, and innovative solutions to bear on the challenges of best servicing our customers in a highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to join an organization working with smart technologists globally in the financial markets domain. The culture in the team is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful.
As a full stack developer, you will be expected to hit the ground running delivering quality solutions to business-critical customer requirements. Based in Bangalore, you will collaborate in a dynamic global team with fellow technologists, business analysts, project managers and business stakeholders across multiple locations.Key Attributes
Diversity & Inclusion
- An excellent developer with good software design principles and the ability to write robust code and accompanying test suites.
- Ability to write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Take ownership and responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- A team player, capable of engaging with other teams
- Provide second line support
- Domain knowledge in derivatives e-trading is a plus
- Some UI Development experience
- Being a full-stack web developer is a plus
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.Our Ideal Candidate
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.Technical skills:
- 0-3 years exp
- Familiarity with Core Java (essential), Concurrency, Spring
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps
- Familiarity with micro-services and container technologies (preferably OpenShift or Docker)
- RX Java is a plus
- Kafka Experience is a plus
About Standard Chartered
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Strong ownership and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website