PuneAbout BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.Dynamic WorkingOur dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbiesDynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
- Understand the designs and work on implementation
- Help team members with coding
- Able to peer review codes
- Improve process related to local environment creation
- Bring innovative ideas to solve technical challenges
Channels Engineering has more than 1000 employees and is responsible for delivering a seamless, end-to-end technology solution to its clients, supporting the vision and strategy for Technology & Operations across Barclays. Our mandate is to drive digital simplification and mass automation for our customers & colleagues, enabled by a relentless commitment to a number of key priorities: simplify our technology estate, optimize the way we work, automate customer and colleague journeys, standardize and automate our controls and drive the digital strategy. This focus is underpinned by two fundamental principles: protect our service and inspire, empower, develop and reward our people. Our technology platforms support a wide range of services, including Transactional Products, Savings, Loans, Mortgages, Insurance, Investments, FX, Cash and Transactions, Trade & Working Capital, Debt and PaymentWhat will you be doing
What we're looking for:
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers to build efficient technical solutions.
- Understand requirements and Low-level Design
- Understand and Adhere to coding standards already laid out
- Should be able to code based on low level designs
- Good understanding of a developer's responsibility in team development environment
- Knows to write and execute unit test cases
- End-to-end software development lifecycle
- Ensuring cross-platform compatibility and optimization
- Software development methodologies, e.g., waterfall, agile
- Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques, and services within IT departments
- Software development consisting of some of the following languages and technologies:
- Java 8 and above, Advanced Java concepts and implementation
- JUnit testing and experience in test driven development
- J2EE frameworks: Spring 5+, Hibernate 5+ and Spring Boot 2+.
- Java web services, SOAP and REST API, JSON
- Databases (Oracle / SQL), MongoDB
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Application servers (JBoss, Tomcat, Apache)
- Version Control Software (SVN / CVS / Git/ Gerrit)
- Jira, Confluence, Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
Where will you be workingBe More at Barclays
- Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle
- Able to create proper end to end True unit test case.
- Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind.
- Undertake impact assessment of change requests against applications / products within domain
- Create/Review component designs & builds to ensure compatibility with the end-to-end system design
- Collaborate with other component design and build teams, ensuring that end-to-end system design is followed
- Ensure that technical engineering quality standards / benchmarks are met, taking remedial action where there are quality shortfalls
- Where system development is part of a wider set of interdependent systems changes, collaborate with the Systems Designers from the other areas to ensure end-to-end technical integrity of the development, leading this collaboration when required
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. â€˜Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.Our ValuesPurpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.Respect
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.Integrity
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.Service
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.Excellence
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.Stewardship
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.