Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realize their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Delivery Head
IT infrastructure is the system of hardware, software, facilities and service components that support the delivery of business systems and IT-enabled processes. IT infrastructure support services team at GDT aims at ensuring stability and high performance of Group Data Technology's on-premises, cloud or hybrid IT environments.
The Group Data Tech Infra function will broadly provide on Premises and Cloud services such as Infrastructure consulting and Design governance, Infrastructure build-deploy and configuration service, Infrastructure change and release support, Infrastructure 3rd Line Support and Project Management support across GDT service portfolios to consume in a consistent manner
Reporting into the Head of Data Engineering:
The Delivery Head for Data Infrastructure will lead the team that is responsible for engineering, deploying Data environments and operating the Data Technology infrastructure platform.
Work closely with business and Technology stakeholders to design, deliver and operate business services that utilise appropriate Data Infrastructure technology solutions such that they are efficient, cost optimal and highly resilient.Principal Responsibilities
Customers / Stakeholders:
- Accountable to lead all aspects of IT Infrastructure and Service Management within a Group Data Technology
- Ensure the full implementation of DevOps and Disciplined Agile in line with direction set by the Infrastructure and Service Management Practices.
- Ensure Data infrastructure solution designs conform with IT Strategy and Product Management Standards
- Manage all Data infrastructure resources in the relevant DevOps units and ensure all run and budgeted change initiatives are adequately resourced
- Drive the Data infrastructure shared service units to deliver products in line with business requirements.
- Drive efficient and effective operation of infrastructure and service management related run the bank & change the bank processes across GB/GF
- Ensure the goals and strategy of the Group Data Technology are reflected in the infrastructure and service management related strategies and policies.
- In addition to the delivery responsibilities Delivery Head of Data Infrastructure acts as the primary interface between the Group Data Technology and ITID
- Responsible for building the overall practice capability within the Group Data Technology, across all dimensions, including People, Process and Tools
- Responsible for delivering a finite number of infrastructure patterns / offerings and build standards to aid repeatable and scalable Infrastructure for faster delivery and the highest levels of service availability and serviceability.
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Ensure strong networks with key stakeholders, enabling the function's ability to execute at pace
- Support the Head of Data Engineering & leadership team to form and communicate the direction of Data Infrastructure Management.
- Responsible for overall leadership and oversight of technical delivery within the GB/GF related to infrastructure and service management.
- Embed the vision for the Data function, and associated values and goals, to inspire and engage people to create an inclusive, high performing, execution-centric culture
- Motivate and support the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of the Data portfolio objectives
- Operate at a senior management level, working with disparate businesses and functions while maintaining a holistic perspective on Data Technology Portfolio delivery
- To be flexible and adaptable in an environment of constantly changing priorities while staying true to the objectives of the Group Data Technology - Data Infrastructure
- To effectively manage senior stakeholder considerations while maintaining a holistic outlook
- Creating a true sense of urgency, pace, high performance and collaboration across different communities while driving complex Data Infrastructure function
- Fostering and retaining the support of Senior Executives and stakeholders across the portfolio
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Proven experience of leading Technology Infrastructure/Data Infrastructure function.
- Proven experience of driving large program implementations.
- Proven experience of leading organizational change - ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Proven experience of Senior Stakeholder management across the business and IT/Data
- Deep knowledge of Technology Infrastructure Management and specifically Data Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of specific Tools used for Data Infrastructure Management.
- Knowledge of Models and dashboards that get developed in these tools
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & influencing skills (written and spoken)
- Excellent IT/Data planning & monitoring skills - strong focus on standardization, rigor and structure
- Excellent critical thinking skills - ability to work under pressure and resolve complex issues
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***
Bachelor Degree or International Equivalent