Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for the position.
2+ years of experience working in data science capacity preferable in online retail space e.g. Amazon / Flipkart or any other Consumer Goods company or offline retail OR recent Master’s or PhD grad in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field or in the domain of operations/ Supply Chain
Theme of the Role
To gather and analyze data regarding a variety of issues and topics in order to develop data driven solutions to difficult business challenges.
Key Deliverables :
– Mines and analyzes data from databases to drive optimization and improvement of program development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
– Able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
– Applying statistical and advanced techniques (e.g. segmentation, machine learning) to develop both prototypes and scalable (i.e. efficient, automated) data analyses
– Conduct basic ad hoc analysis, building models and forecasting viewing behaviour Interpreting results from multiple sources using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining independently
Competencies ‘Must have’
– Exceptionally good computer skills and be all-around technologically adept.
– Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, statistics, and machine learning
– Knowledge of algorithms for data mining, machine learning, and/or natural language processing
– Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data using Spark, Hive or other Big Data technologies
– Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational database queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL), etc.
– Experience with machine learning libraries/frameworks and methods
Critical personality attributes Attention to detail and demonstrates ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues