The Cyber Security Operations Manager is responsible for delivery Cyber Security Operations provided by a service delivery partner. The purpose of this position is to safeguard the company from intrusion, security threats, security weaknesses, software bugs and exploits. Responsibilities include oversight of security services such as, operations, threat and vulnerability management, coordination of cyber risk mitigation operations and Identity Access Management.
• Develop technical requirements, designs, standards and guidelines for security around enterprise applications
• Work on key enterprise initiatives to improve productivity, mitigate risks and optimize cost savings
• Lead design workshops, assessments, and planning sessions for projects affecting or related to security
• Review and approve functional and technical designs
• Lead and monitors end-to-end technical implementation, including hardware installation, environment setup, production certification, software deployment, integration development, data management, and vendor technical activities.
• Assess impact of functional requirements on existing applications.
• Review operational change requests to ensure adherence to architecture standards.
• Work with provider and Cyber Security Architect to maintain architecture design artifacts.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders on technical solutions and mediate compromises.
• Facilitate and accelerate decision process, gather requirements, and resolve pain points and challenges knowing relevant industry trends.
• Provide a peer review of other’s work and provides feedback in accordance with architecture standards.
• Work with vendors to implement new capabilities.
• Support internal and external audits.
• Support risk assessments and reviews
• Support the incident response process and coordination with stakeholders
Identity & Access Management
• Define overarching strategies and roadmaps for identity and access management
• Review and approve protocols for activities such as onboarding and offboarding, and user provisioning and deprovisioning
• Conduct audits and threat and risk level assessments as it relates to IAM
• Identify potential risks and work with vendors to delivery appropriate solutions
• Identify and evaluate opportunities for training and awareness materials to educate users on security policies and practices.
• Manages outcomes of a service provider, including overseeing daily activities, resourcing and deliverables.
• Diagnoses complex security issues and provides resolutions to reduce the risk.
• Manages various process improvement projects to increase operational efficiency.
• Acts with broad authority when necessary to resolve emergencies.
• Reviews operational changes for security impact and approves changes
• Ability to work afterhours and weekends for critical incident escalations
• Partner with cyber security lead from service provider to ensure services are being delivered effectively, and in a timely manner. Serve as an escalation point for issues / concerns related to service delivery
Thinks from the Future
Makes fact-based decisions – is not swayed by contrary opinions or perceptions
Is continually curious and open to new ideas
Enables an environment that embraces creativity and innovation
Trust & Team work
Takes the time to listen for understanding and asks questions to clarify
Uses communication skills that enhance teamwork (listens, is open, is honest, timely, and direct)
Encourages others to listen using active listening skills
Communicates directly, honestly, respectfully and in a timely manner to resolve conflict
Uses simple language that is clear and to the point
Is able to clearly define reality, even if it is controversial
Practices accountability and collaboration to move the conversation forward
Openly shares information
Demonstrates Boundaryless Behavior
Actively participates and openly shares with others – is transparent
Works well with other departments, functions, regions and cultures
Open to learning from others and values views different from own views
Works with Velocity
Prioritizes workload; focuses on completion and is organized
Anticipates next steps and works towards them
Achieves Business Results
Focuses on the Customer
Promotes a customer-focused culture and continuously strives to deliver value to the customer
Works with customers (internal and external) to understand and meet their needs
Keeps a promise, trust or pledge to do something now or in the future
Actions and behaviors align with the goals of the organization
Is fully engaged
Makes smart decisions quickly
Receives feedback and adjust behavior
Effectively works and communicates in a matrix environment
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
• At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience in the Cyber Security
• Working knowledge of active directory structures
• Previous experience in a managed service environment is required
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in full systems development life-cycle, and enterprise architecture frameworks
• Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve Security related problems
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Solid analytical skills for complex problem solving.
• Ability to effectively manage and communicate within a matrix environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Excellent interpersonal skills with exceptional influencing and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of infrastructure
• Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences
• Previous experience in an ITIL or managed services environment
• Basic knowledge of IAM standards such as OAuth/OpenID, SAML, SCIM, and LDAP
• Security related Certifications like CISA,CISM, GSEC. CRSIC and CEH.
• Understanding of audit processes, procedures, external compliance standards/regulations and IT internal control frameworks / structures